ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

heater problem

Dynamic S Dci 106
Have a problem with my 182 fan blower.
When i have the fan on hot when the car is on it is fine, however when i want to lower the temperature and turn the heater fan to minmuim temperature, it does not change temperature. But if i switch the ignition off then start the car the heater was set to cool and it stays cool but will not increase in temperature is i press the button to make the fan blow hot air.
Any ideas, (switch, relay etc) because i dont want to have to turn the ingition off and on everytime i want to change the temperature.
Cheers.

clio 03 1.6 16v
i have the exact same problem buddy, not sure what e f*** it is but its driving me nuts in this coldness

actively looking
Interesting, i discovered today that i have no cold air i can only have it hot! Is this a common thing then and whats the solution?

Dynamic S Dci 106
Its ok in the winter cos i dont have to lower temperature cos its soo cold but will be a problem in the summer!
Any ideas anyone? Maybe sticking ho and cold switches which dont deactivate til i switch off ignition?!

Clio 182 FF
Funnily enough, in my 182 sometimes the fan a nd heater work fine, then after a drive i get back in the car but the fan doesnt work at all, even though the lights are on saying maximum, the heat still works but its no good without a fan, then after about 5 mins in the car the fan will work all of a sudden.
totally bizzare, any suggestions please.
cheers

Sean

(sorry i couldnt help any of the above out)

Citroen C4 Coupe
Again, sorry I can't help anyone here, but I've got a fan problem with my 172. Bit same as Sean, fan is on maximum but doesn't blow at all, heat/cold is fine. It'll sometimes randomly just come on and then it'll stay on for the rest of my journey and is adjustable, then it may or may not work again when I start the car up. Becoming a bit annoying when I can't demist my windscreen!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Resistor Pack for the fan is gone if its not blowing or only sometimes blowing, its under the scuttle pannel on the drivers side, held on by 2 tiny bolts. (the black plastic bit under the windscreen where the window wipers are just pops of and you'll see it)

as for the temperature not changing, thats an odd one never heard of it before, one of the more knowledgeable guys will probably be able to help you.

BMW M135i
Try changing the interior temp sensor. Is the only thing I can think of why it wouldn't change the heat on the fly because it doesn't know the interior temp so it doesn't know whether to go hotter or cooler.

The mixing flap stepper motor obviously works otherwise it would be stuck on one temp permanently.

Dynamic S Dci 106
But im tryin to set the temp manuallly using the hot and cold buttons, it displays the temp changing from max down to minimum but does not apply it unless i switch the ignition off they back on again.
Would the mixing flap stepper motor be able to reset itsself if the ignition was switched off and back on again the apply the change in temperature setting?
Do you know where the interior temp sensor and mixing flap stepper motor are located in the car?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
interor temp sensor is up by the interior light there are different types on 182. look for a little blue dot up by the light these are the better type ones.
is the heater on auto? mixing flap motor is behind the dash, so its dash out just to get to it. there were some threads about this before.