ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater stuck on full

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
The climate control is stuck on full heat and full blower no matter what I do on the control panel.

Has anyone experienced this? Any easy fixes or is it a dealer job?

Thanks

Bison

Iceberg 172
Is it due to the cogs on the drivers side of the centre console???

Mine was stuck on full heat but not full speed. I'm on my iPhone so hard to explain but do a search on it and there's a good thread explaining how to fix it.

340i
It will be the reostat (heater resistor pack)... always prone to go at this time of year with the change of weather / temperature.

The GF's is doing the same thing now :( the only thing you can control is the temperature and direction of air

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
It will be the reostat (heater resistor pack)... always prone to go at this time of year with the change of weather / temperature.

The GF's is doing the same thing now :( the only thing you can control is the temperature and direction of air

Exactly (it is also my GF's car!!). It is going to the garage tomorrow so hopefully they should fix this. It would be ok, but it is a) noisey and b) extremely hot!

Do you have any idea of cost?

Bison

340i
A new reostat is very expensive... Around £200 and a dealer part only!

You can repair them if you know what you are doing though

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
Looks like that might fix the temp issue so thanks :) I will have a bash at that.

Car is in the garage today for the bonnet latch recall and so they are having a look at it today. If they quote me something silly like over £150.00 i'll be forced to do something myself.

i don't understand why manufacturers make these things out of cheese!

Any pointers on how to fix the reostat for the fan blower? Not to bad with a soldering iron!

340i
It will be the reostat, they cause all sorts of problems with the heaters when they fail!

there is a guide on the forum somewhere, search "heater not working"! :)

VX220, RS Clio 200t,
Thanks. Garage just called. £211 to fit a new one!! The part alone is £120!! Ridiculous!

Thanks for help guys :) much appreciated!!

"Navy" N17 TWO
A new reostat is very expensive... Around £200 and a dealer part only!

You can repair them if you know what you are doing though

Look up ChipGods - I found a link for them on Ebay when mine packed up last month.

They repair it, send it back with their warranty on it - AWESOME! :approve:

Looking for 182
Thanks. Garage just called. £211 to fit a new one!! The part alone is £120!! Ridiculous!

Thanks for help guys :) much appreciated!!

That labour charge is ridiculous. I rate myself 0/10 when it comes to car mechanics, but even I managed it.