ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heater Switch

My interior heater switch is playing up, the one which says 1,2,3 (not temp)

setting 1 works and so does 3 but 2 doesnt!!!!?? happened a month back but it just popped back on in its time. REALLY annoying as 1 dont do crap and 3 is too loud lol

Checked the fuse but its fine since some of the blower is working. Any ideas????

there not wires theyre like metal cable/rods that move left and right when you turn the dial.

Take them out of the car, its in the haynes how to do it !!

2.0 175dci rs meggy

is it the fan speed???

if it is, it is not cable operated! only temp and direction are cable controled!!!

could either be the speed switch or the fan speed resistor!!

any good with a multi-meter???

regards

james

rte bath

As James said, it is either the control dial or the resistor in the heater blower.

Check with a multimeter that all the contacts in the dial are working (see image) The extra wires are where I added in blue LEDs and are not normal.

http://img29.exs.cx/img29/7586/heater.jpg

If these are fine then its the blower resistor. This entails removing the wipers, scuttle and the ECU to remove the blower. It is a pain to get out as its a very tight fit.

Once out, use the multimeter to test each of the three resistors in the multiplug. One will have probably blown.

A new one will cost about £12.

Mine failed last winter, I had the 3 blower speeds but no heat. Typical timing!

/Mad