ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heatshields

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
My 172 Cup that I'm currently in the process of building has no exhaust heatshields. Is this going to be an issue? Specifically the one between the exhaust and fuel tank not being present.

The car will be used on the road although may see a track day very very rarely.

I think you would be wise to place a heatshield between the exhaust and tank. I know the standard exhaust on my Cup gets pretty hot during normal road use. I think finding any heatshield that is in good nick for a 172 or 182 can prove difficult.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Just knock one up out of nimbus, it will probably be stronger than the originals

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My 172 Cup that I'm currently in the process of building has no exhaust heatshields. Is this going to be an issue? Specifically the one between the exhaust and fuel tank not being present.

The car will be used on the road although may see a track day very very rarely.

Pretty sure I’ve got a spare one I was going to chuck in the scrap you can have if you want, over towards Chester.

Mondial Blue 172 Cup
Pretty sure I’ve got a spare one I was going to chuck in the scrap you can have if you want, over towards Chester.
Sorry only just seen this. That would be amazing if i could grab it off you. I'm only in Stoke too so not far away at all.