ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy clutch pedal

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
I changed clutch on my 1.2 16v as the clutch fingers were bent. The clutch pedal was always really heavy. So i installed new ckutch 3 piece and now the clutch pedal is so light. But after a couple of weeks i swear its getting hard to push pedal down. What could caulse a clutch pedal to go from really light to heavy? Its a new clutch..Clutch cable is fairly new too.maybe auto tensioner on the clutch pedal? Hope anyone can help im worried something is wrong and damaging new clutch

monaco 172
No idea why they get heavier but the same happens in a 172.

Old clutches are heavy as hell, put in a new one and it's so nice and light but doesn't take long to end up heavy again

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
I refuse to belive a month old new clutch gets heavy. I fit tyers for a big company and there was a clio in thete and the clutch was so light and talkin to the customer its orignal clutch and millage waa 90.000 miles anyway i put a camera in side of clutch fork today and some of the pressure plates fingers are bent in. This is why the clutch is heavy so eather the clutch fork is slightly bent pushing the eelease bearing at an angle or the tube that the trust bearing slides on is bend / cracked. I cant see the clutch pedal auto tensioner being the problem. Box is coming out again but the damage has already been done now to the clutch so goong to have to buy another clutch plus a new clutch fork and release bearing slider tube i cant think what else could caulse this but there a problem becasue it did this to my last clutch

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Also i noticed the thrust bearing is slightly touching pressure place when clutch not pressed down so this would caulse the release bearing to over heat.

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Infact the clutch fork pivots on a ball that could wear over time meaning clutch release bearing will be closer to pressure plate when not using clutch

monaco 172
Release bearing will always ride on the pressure plate but it's not under any load until the clutch pedal is pressed.

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
Would that not overheat the thrust bearing? They dont look like they are bult to be constintly spinning the heat would dry out the grease inside the bearing surly

PH2 172
Did you clean the tube when you did the clutch?

The 1.2 would appear not to have the tube/sleeve the JC5 has.

I wasted 20 minutes trying to find it on the parts list last night.

Attachments

• clio 1.2 gearbox.jpg
    clio 1.2 gearbox.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 96
  PH2 172
Cable clutch, they're all stiff

Although a 1.2 is a little bit better than a 172

b****cks, I had a clutch change (Luk), retaining the same cable & 16k miles later, it`s still light as a large feather.

Previously, it was the same big heave as a 182 I drove a couple of weeks ago.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
b****cks, I had a clutch change (Luk), retaining the same cable & 16k miles later, it`s still light as a large feather.

Previously, it was the same big heave as a 182 I drove a couple of weeks ago.
Right now jump in a car with a hydraulic clutch and tell me they're the same. I'll await your response mate

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Cheap clutch? Ive only ever had issues when using cheap no brands tbh. My valeo is still light in my Kangoo after a few thousand miles

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Has anyone tried a 5 GT Turbo pedal... or better still, one with a paddle clutch... lol

Imagine getting stuck in traffic on a hill, Ap 4 puck plate, normal length clutch arm, solid engine mounts & rough idling due to a wild cam fitted, awful situation which resulted in a bit of smoke off the clutch and premature knee wear?

Imagine getting stuck in traffic on a hill, Ap 4 puck plate, normal length clutch arm, solid engine mounts & rough idling due to a wild cam fitted, awful situation which resulted in a bit of smoke off the clutch and premature knee wear?

"Kangarooing" 197 owners have no idea of the struggle mate ! ?

Sod that set up in traffic, fair play to you, ha !

clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
I fitted a borge and beck clutch 3 piece clutch went heavy i asked on here everyonw said its normal and 3 months later car wouldnt go into gear i put camera down clutch fork and see some of the fingers were bent in one was even broke off. So i put another clutch in and it was so light but has now got heavy again and i put camera in and some of the presssure plate finger are slightly bent in. Again So there has to be a problem the clutch pedal is only heavy because there is now less clutch pressure finger to push on. Second clutch is of high quality there has to be an issue as its happened to both clutches.

PH2 172
Also thats not my gearbox. Mine does not have speed sensor on gearbox it uses abs mate

Oh my bad.

Due to the fact that you have failed to tell us the year of your car, I have randomly selected a picture of the wrong gearbox to illustrate that your car does not

have a clutch thrust bearing guide sleeve.

Your lack of attention to detail may explain why you are having problems.

Attachments

• JC5 clutch sleeve 8200128328.jpg
    JC5 clutch sleeve 8200128328.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 60
  clio mk2 1.2 16v 02
The car is year 2005 well i guess ill drop the box and just have a look and figure out myself why this keeps happening