ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heavy inside wear on rear tyres

'03 1.2 Dynamique
Just had the car not too long.

Took one of the rear wheels today and noticed wear is a lot more on the inside than outside, and on further inspection this appears to be happening both sides. The near side rear also appears to be rubbing against the wing lining when turning left with any speed.

I made this thread the other day about the car feeling twitchy and what, however the tyres being fairly new I didn't notice from visual inspection exactly how severe the difference in wear between inside and out is.

That thread suggests the shocks are gone, however they seem ok. Without being an expert, I'd be pretty certain whatever is causing the tyres to wear so heavily to the inside is also causing the twitchiness.

'03 1.2 Dynamique
No rumbling/squeaking though, hubs seems stable enough too.

Surely there would be additional symptoms to bearings going?

'03 1.2 Dynamique
Last edited:
  '03 1.2 Dynamique
The car is for doing the Mongol Rally in bud, as well as being a cheap run around for my wife for 2-3mths.

Not wanting to get modding it. Want it as simple and as stock as possible so when it breaks down it's as easy to fix/source parts as possible.

clio 182 cup
if they have really un even wear then check the rear shocks, i have had this a lot on audi's and its the tell tell sign the shocks have started to go. hope this helps