ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Heel Toeing in a 182?

Yozza'd BG
I hate not being able to heel and toe in the 182! :mad: A friend of mine can heel and toe my car but he has size 13s.

Does anyone have a nice solution to my problem? Like special shoes, pedal adjustments maybe or something-else that im not aware of?

Titanium 182
have size 11/12's and I can do it perfectly in wide shoes (skate shoes like DC's etc) I can't drive for toffee in my tigers though they're too narrow !

Yozza'd BG
Size 9 myself! Hopefully its not one of those situation where it's just my car and nobody elses!

Anyone else?

Nissan 350z
Either my feet are too small or my style of shoe not wide enough but i cant do it in the 172. The works car however... :cool:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i can do it in the vee and i assume its the same peddals! size 11's though :)

Nippy white cup
I'm a size 8 but I can do it on both the 172 and 182...not heel toe but ball of foot and little toe lol

Chris

Yozza'd BG
Ive tried using the ball of my foot but I just end up stamping on the brake before ive reached the throttle with the outside edge of my foot...tis too far back!

Maybe need some Vee pedals then cos I sure as hell cant grow my feet!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
We're currently working on a solution @ JMS, keep an eye on the web site in the coming weeks ;)

James

RB 182 cup
i really struggled to do it in mine but sorted it now.

if you unbolt the throttle pedal, 3 10mm nuts, the put a few washers under the bottom stud so you can just get the nut on a few threads then bolt the pedal back up it raises it up slightly and makes it a hell of a lot easier

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I can do it, but its not very easy unless i am hard on the brakes! got size 10's.

I was considering bending or adjusting the pedals somehow but have decided against it for now.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

if you unbolt the throttle pedal, 3 10mm nuts, the put a few washers under the bottom stud so you can just get the nut on a few threads then bolt the pedal back up it raises it up slightly and makes it a hell of a lot easier

EDIT : Going to try this ^

172, Tiguan
If you can't do it by rolling the outside of your foot across then angle your foot slightly and actually use your heel. Takes a bit of practice.

Yozza'd BG
We're currently working on a solution @ JMS, keep an eye on the web site in the coming weeks ;)

James

Will do!

Cheers for some of the suggestions...might try the spacing method mentioned above temporarily. For now though, its a cup splitter @ £150 from Renault this Saturday...im such a mug but they make the car look much better!:)

RB 182 with CUP packs
Managed it, but as said only with heavy braking.
I doubt I'll be able to do it now I've had the brakes changed & braided lines fitted due to less pedal travel.

Not a 320d
I only have a 1.2, but i have the pedals from the 172.182 in it, i have size 11 feet and ive found heel toe to be a pain in the ass thanks to the driving position and the pedal position, ive learned to use the top half of my right foot and cover both the accelerator and the brake.

ibiza cupra

thats what i did. im a pro at it now lol.

320d
I found it easier in my 1.2 believe it or not despite the fact the 172 has better peddles for it. I think the problem is with it being a cable throttle is stiffer than the FBW throttle so you need no push it down harder, which means you can brake harder than you want to.

Maybe i'm just s**t. I down know. I got pretty good at it in my 1.2. To be honest on the road its not necessary I just get the right gear before entering the corner. Brake > Gear > Drive.

2 girls, 172 cup
i just allways brake with the ball (easy fella) and blip with the o/s edge. oddly i find it easier with my (size 10) slim plimsoles on as they have a very thin sole so i can tell exactly what going on.

just make sure if using the above method that your soles are dry, had a "moment" where my ball slipped off.

VaVa
I can do it no probs in my 172. Only time I struggle is when braking really hard as the brake pedal tends to travel a little far past the throttle.

Apart from that I do it all the time. Mechanical sympathy, innit.

i just allways brake with the ball (easy fella) and blip with the o/s edge. oddly i find it easier with my (size 10) slim plimsoles on as they have a very thin sole so i can tell exactly what going on.

just make sure if using the above method that your soles are dry, had a "moment" where my ball slipped off.

You slipped with your ball? I've done that a few times ;)

I find it quite difficult in the 182, is it just me or does the drive by wire make it not so great for it? My 205GTi is sooo easy to do, my M Coupe is not bad either but he Clio feels difficult to balance brake and throttle input and throttle often seems inconsistent. I bet the throttle cabled mk1 172s are easier to do it in, or at least have a more natural feel for it.