ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello again!

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio
Hi,

I've not posted on here since July 2006! :p

Anyway, I currently have a (110bhp) 2000/Vreg, 1.6 16v 3d (Not the RSi) in the Metallic Blue (lazuli is it?) with 56,500 miles on it.
It's just in for repairs now as I think the wheel bearing's gone and it needs a new tyre, and a full service.
It had the executive pack when it was new and also the factory fitted full blue Renault Leather (looks great!), 4 airbags, Renault side-skirts and spoiler (subtle but great, and I haven't seen one other with it?!), and 17" Dezent 'H' alloys with two new tyres on the front and good on the rear. Also the standard alloys are available (the 14" ones).

I'm going to sell it really soon (I'm moving in with my girlfriend and need the cash :( ) and I want it to be in good mechanical order.
I'd prefer to sell it to someone on here if possible so if anyone's in the market for one (group 10 insurance, 0-60 in 9.3 secs) then let me know!

One question though, at what mileage does the timing belt need changing on these?

Cheers,

Daz

P.S - If I was single, I'd be looking at upgrading to a 172, but that plan's scuppered now :(
The things we do for regular sex - Boooooo

1.8 Civic EX
wonder if they all actually work or if they are just for "show"

EDIT: What the frigg just happened there, I was posting in the thread about the clio with 4 exhausts?!?!

Hello Daz! haha

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio
cheers mate ;)

has anyone got a clio with the Renault factory fitted bodykit? Side-Skirts and Boot-Spoiler?
Also the full leather, because i was made up when I bought as all the ones I'd looked at had nothing like the spec mine had. Only thing missing is air-con and a fast engine ;)

Daz

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio
its after 5 years and 60,000miles:)

Bumholes. That means it's due I think... Thx ;)

Oh just had a quote from the garage:
2x New 205/40/17's
Back and middle exhaust sections (they ARE fucked I knew that! CAT is fine they said)

He said about £340 inc.vat and fitting etc.
I know the tyres are about £90 each fitted anyway so thats £180 so about £160 for the two exhaust sections. Sound ok you think?
I'm gonna ask for a service too as I haven't changed the air-filter for a year or drained the oil and replaced for about 6 months (not done many miles though).
So I may well be spending over £500 on it. Possibly more if the CV Joint or Wheel bearing turns out to be screwed (as I think it may be).

If it goes too high I'm gonna get some but not all of it done, after all I want to sell it on and that's gonna eat into the profit big-time!
Urgh, cars are expensive... :(

visualize whirled pe
Renault manual says cb every 72k but like everyone suggests get it done before this as Renault prob aint gonna foot the bill if it goes pop at 71999 miles.

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio
Ok thx!

It's gonna cost me £501 all in. *gulp*
this is for:

2 x Avon 205/40/17 tyres fitted and balanced
Tracking
New 2-part exhaust system
Exhaust mounting bracket (it's fallen off or something...)
Oil change + filter
New Sparks
Air filter
Handbrake switch (it's been broken for 3 years but this fella reckons it's an MOT fail by his standards!)

it seems an 'alright' price for all that I guess. The reason i took it there is something happened with my girlfriends car the other week and these lads were brilliant with it and we had a good bit of banter etc. I think trusting the mechanic is more important than getting it done cheapest in my book.
Like I say, it's all worth doing i think because I'm gonna advertise it for sale next week and with the work done it should be easier to sell with the piece of mind knowing the exhaust isn't gonna drop off etc!

Anyway, I'll be sad to see her go!

visualize whirled pe
I'd say you'll make that money back on the car, so it'll be worth it. Most people will be more keen when you point out that the work has been done and there is no hassle for them in getting the work done themselves.

The price for the work seems good, it'd be over twice that at Renault.
Seeing as you have found a good garage, stick with them and recommend them to friends etc, they should look after loyal customers, especially if you are bringing them more business.

It sounds like you have a really nicely specd car anyway so you'll get a good price I rekon, good luck with the sale.

wonder if they all actually work or if they are just for "show"

EDIT: What the frigg just happened there, I was posting in the thread about the clio with 4 exhausts?!?!

Hello Daz! haha

hahaha sorry but this made me chuckle! Gotta love this forum tbh :)

Mk2 Ph1, 1.6 16v Clio
Thanks mate, but It's a shame that when I sell my clio there's no point me posting about clio things here! :(

My girlfriend just doesn't see the importance of cars and I'm moving to a really shitty area, so my insurance is going to double!
I'll be driving round in a £1000 1.2 - 1.4 banger with sub group5 insurance to keep costs down...*yawn* how boring....
here's me wanting a 172, or a Celica GT4 Twin Entry or...or ......or.........Bah, quit dreaming!
hehe