ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello all

Ive been lurking in this group for the last few months while I was deciding on which new car to go for and youve managed to convince me that a new 182 is the way to go; so its all your fault ;) But seriously, thanks for the helpful information posted here - I found answers to all my questions just by searching on previous posts.

I should be collecting it next week. Both cup packs fitted (see, I was paying attention ;) ) and I choose titanium because Im a lazy slob and its easier to keep looking half decent than black, which I admit looks really nice but involves more washing than Id like; remember, Im a lazy slob...

Still reading? Soon sort that by telling you a bit about me then. Im an old codger on the wrong side of 40. About 5 years ago my wife decided a Saxo VTS would make a nice little shopping car and a couple of years later she made be buy my own because I was having entirely too much fun in it and she wanted to have a go. So my wife is inheriting my VTS and Im trading in hers against the 182. My suspicion is that once she has a go in the Clio it wont be long before we have another matching pair... Hobbies include confusing the local yoof by cruising past them in the VTS with Wagner blaring on da 1C3, innit.

Renaultsport 220T

Welcome Serif, you are definately right about the Black Gold, although, it is worth it, when its cleaned and polished!

Wagner is cool man, but you gotta check out that Mozart dude, he is smokin!!! :-D

Vee dub

Welcome

I havnt seen many Titanium cup packed 182s around my area so a good choice i say! :)

Tom

Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

It will be interesting to compare how the new 182 compares to the VTS in terms of performance and handling on the local twisties, and Ill see if I can sort out some pics when it arrives.

Yaris Hybrid

Good choice. Personally at your age I would have gone for a CTR as it is a bit less physical to drive but good luck ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 27 April 2005
Good choice. Personally at your age I would have gone for a CTR as it is a bit less physical to drive but good luck ;)

Er, thanks ;)

I did check though, there is room in the boot for the zimmer frame. Actually I did look at the CTR seriously and it was a close call. It is a very nice car, but one of the things that it lost out on was steering feedback, which is what I guess is what youre referring too?