ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello all :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Hi all, Just checking in to say hello. I bought the wife a lil clio for tooting around in. She liked the colour. :p Seemed fine on the 100 mile journey home. So far, so good. :)

6a.jpg

5a.jpg

4a.jpg

3a.jpg

The lights behind the dash have gone (seems to be quite common). I plan to use this commendable youtube 'how to' guide to fix that when I have the time.:coffee:

I should be able to do that job ok. I'm a mod over at The T-Bar MG Forum - Feel free to click here and have a look if you like. So, I've got a head 'gasket' start on doing some minor jobs. Hopefully, touch wood, I shouldn't have to come here too often. But, just in case.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
  Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Cheers folks. It's good to be here.

The wife's happy. It's half the battle. :) It was a relatively inexpensive purchase Jesus (Less than a grand). Time will tell, as it does with any car, I suppose.

It's shiney though for sure and has some pretty blue bling springs under the headrests. Are they an add on? I assume it once belonged to a younger chap than I. The wheels are quite mint. Maybe they were tucked away in a garage or shed whilst some other nice alloys did the job. I found the drive to be surprisingly quick and comfortable for a 1.2 16v too. :eek:

Thanks for the welcomes.

It's shiney though for sure and has some pretty blue bling springs under the headrests. Are they an add on? I assume it once belonged to a younger chap than I. The wheels are quite mint. Maybe they were tucked away in a garage or shed whilst some other nice alloys did the job. I found the drive to be surprisingly quick and comfortable for a 1.2 16v too. :eek:

Thanks for the welcomes.
They are definitely not standard! Neither is the sport badge on the rear, a sure sign that it was possibly owned by a younger fellow.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ah interesting. Thanks for that.

It was advertised as a 'dynamique' 1.2 is all I know. I'm happy to receive any other info you have on that marque. The rest, I'll pick up as I go and I'll have a good mooch around the forum later. I'm sure there's lots of good stuff to see and info to be had here. :)

1.2 Clio Dynamique was my first car. It's one below the very top model in the Clio range (top model being the Initialé, but you hardly ever see those). Dynamiques come with alloys, a bigger spoiler and better seats as well as auto-wipers and auto-headlights, possibly a few other little gadgets I can't remember.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Awesome. Much obliged to you for that. I'm off to check it out again now. I'll google the rest. Cheers. :)

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Thank God for people who do 'how to guides'. I just changed 2 bulbs that I could never have done without the video guide above. :star:

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I liked the wifes clio so much I bought myself one. Just a bit quicker than hers. ;) But what 'mark' is it someone please?.. Anyone.:p

shiny3.jpg

9-6.jpg

8-5.jpg
7-5.jpg
6-5.jpg

5-5.jpg

4-5.jpg

3-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

1-7.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Welcome along mate, both look well!

That's you bitten - you'll love and hate it all at the same time. I bought my first RS Clio 5 years ago as a stop gap for an EK9 Civic, so what i did was bin the Civic idea and now i've had four RS Clio's lol.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
That's a nice 172! The dynamique is the same as mine! Beautiful colour! Polished mine up the other week and it just shines so nicely in the sun!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
That's you bitten - you'll love and hate it all at the same time.

I just sold my MG Danny. You'll never know what real paranoia is until you've had one of them. :p

Still there was nothing like going around Europe 'on the lash' with my lad in it. You soon sober up with the roof down. He drove for 1600 miles while I slept it off mostly. But I had to pay a £140 to insure him for a week to drive it. :S

Euro-camping MGTF roadster, convertible, car trip.

Talking of insurance... I looked into putting him on the insurance for this 172. :eek: I'm 52 and fully comp for me it's just 300 quid a year. My son's 23 and the cheapest quote was £2k. Ouch! Is that about right for you young uns?