ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello - considering a Clio from a RX-8

Mazda RX-8
Hi everyone,

Currently own a RX-8 which I simply don't drive enough to justify having the cash tied up so am considering switching to a Clio Sport! Previous car history includes a couple of Focus ST's so am no stranger to the world of hot hatches! Plus one of my older brother's used to own a 172, so fully aware how capable the little clio's are!

3241127123_67cc419a33_o.jpg

3742751901_b508a57ed2_b.jpg

Cheers

Peter

Mazda RX-8
Shameless! ;) That is very nice but if I'm going to sell the rex it will need to release some cash, otherwise I'll hang on! (up for 500 less than your Clio btw)

pimp mobile Zafira
Welcome. I've just traded in my Rex for a 182. I did it to save cash as the Rex drinks like an alcohlic. If you want to free up some cash and save cash on running go for it. On the way home from picking the car up i averaged 28.9mpg as opposed to 17 what i got in the Rex

Mazda RX-8
Whilst it would be nice to get over 30mpg, the running costs aren't a major factor as I have a little fiesta for daily duties!

Mazda RX-8
I'm getting nowhere with the sale of the RX-8 which is annoying as I have seen plenty of Clio's I like the look of!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd straight swap you for mine, haha!

I've managed to get over 30mpg in my 182, even pushing it hard at times, I can still hit 28+.

Clio 172 CUP
Hi and welcome :)

Nice looking RX8. I had a Focus ST-2 prior to the Clio as well, I can honestly say I find the 172 CUP every bit as much fun, although as you'll know its a totally different type of fun (nothing comes close to that 5 pot ST roar... lol). Easily get 36mpg when I have to use it to get to work and back (A roads, 30/40 zones). Taking it easy at 70mph on the motorway it's returned 43mpg!

Good luck with the sale, where are you advertising it? £30 for an Autotrader ad is my recommendation, i've always used that and had good results...

Mazda RX-8
Thanks for the comments

It's currently advertised on PH and a few relevant forums but come payday (tomorrow) it will be going on Autotrader. Hopefully without too much hassle...

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My mate has an RX8... and he told me how much he pays for road tax... i was fuckin astonished!

£405!!!!!!!!!!

BMW E92/Audi S3
I went to put a deposit on one of these last year but the amount they drink is unreal!!!

Mazda RX-8
Cheers mate

Looks like I'll be keeping the Rex - I'm not going to get the price I want so it's a simple enough choice! 9000rpm and RWD do have their plus points... :D

If my other car fails it's MOT I could still be tempted by a Ph1 172...