ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello everyone,

As im new virtual drinks on me!

Hi!

Im 19, live in kent and drive a 1.4 black 2004 dynamique clio which is my first car. I used to ride motorbikes since I was 16, starting with a moped at 16, an Aprilia RS125 at 17 and a Honda RVF NC35 at 18. Unfortuantly a serious accident in May last year finished off my biking so once I got out of hospital and was able to move again I got my clio which was always my favourite small car. I was a member of various bike forums and so joining a clio one was obvious, as they are a great way to find information and chat to like minded people...

Anyway, enough about me

Hi everyone!

basically riding to work on a route I used everyday, little country lanes etc i came round a blind corner at a (proved) 30 mph and a nissan micra was parked on the bend so I hit it head on, no time to even brake as it was in the "thinking distance" from the corner - meaning I was thinking about stopping as I hit it...Broke my jaw in 3 places which required extensive surgery, plating and having it wired shut for ages, broke my back and ruptured my spleen and terrible bruising, blood loss etc...its all going through insurance and layers but its proved she was parked in a lethel place and the car was not properly secured (in gear, clutch down, not handbrake as highway code says) and even next to a a vacant driveway built especially to make the bend safer,which she ignored...so hopefully the courts will see sense once it gets there!

Not to mention losing my pride and joy, my brand new £1500 worth of leathers, helmet etc and having to leave my job at Halfords for a less active office type one after six months off...all in all pretty crap really but anyway.....

LY 200

Welcome dude youl have to get yourself to the next Essex meets as your not too far from us!!!

RB182cup&golf gti

cheers for the drink mate!! mate of mine has just bought a kawasaki 600 something or other, he;s not even done his test yet hes got it next month, think ill be forwarding him this thread to have a read of - scary stuff bike accidents

A silver Honda

Blimey, i just read about your accident:eek:

Im glad youve full recovered and now drive a clio:cool: