ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from a new 172 cup owner from Bristol

Hello everyone, Im chris and im 20 and just purchased a 172 cup. its has 55k on the clock so not bad for £2200 I think haha! Just here for some general maintenance tips and other useful info and of course to meet you lovely people. Here is some pics below. Enjoy :)

DSC02416.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

DSC02414.jpg

DSC02413.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Welcome along Chris, the Cup looks lovely! Bargain, too! Great to see a standard one.

Yeah was done last March it says on the stack of paperwork I got with it haha! Since Wednesday I haven't stopped smiling when I'm driving it!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Where in bristol you from mate? (I work in staple hill and live in Downend)

Black 172
Really nice!
£2200 is the same as I hope to spend and I hope I can find one as good looking as yours with the belt already done!

How much is your insurance? I'm 25 and so far can't get insurance cheaper than £1200 (I have 6 years NCB, no accidents, but 3 points for mobile phone use (shame on me I know!)), just wondered if this was about right!

Audi TT 225
My 172 Cup insured with Hastings Direct. £423 protected fully comp. 9 years NCD i'm 30. I changed my details to roughly reflect yours (made myself 25, added the conviction etc). and best was admiral, elephant and bell at roughly the 750 mark which is what i would expect you to be paying

Last edited:
  Black 172
Thanks muld! Hastings offered me £894, the cheapest so far by a long way! The others were around the £1000 mark, but still better than the £1200 I'd found via confused.com. I'm feeling a lot happier now, even though it's still expensive. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention, there is £40 cashback to be had via Quidco for going with Hastings, so the premium actually works out at £854! :)