ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Nottingham!

Hi Guys, not a clio owner but i have a 172 engine in my scenic!

Would be interested in coming to some local meets if there are any.

having major troubles getting it going at the mo so if there are any renault gurus around i'd love to get one of you to fix it!

Cheers

Cheers :) seems to be some sound guys on here!
Glad you think so! will be if i can get the thing running right!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
That sounds like a good sleeper to me! Yeah get some pics up :)

If you need any bits for it i'm the manager sutton auto factors, colwick in notts so that may some in handy!

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Haha yeah comes in usefull! Any bits you need just PM me

Would love to come to some local meets guys, where would i found out about them?
Nice one Addz that's good to know, spent a fortune at euro car parts in the last 6 months!
Cheers daveski will check those out!

Will have a dig and see what pics i can find, cant take any more cos it's not all shiney atm and dont have chance to clean it til thurs/fri!

Fiesta ST3
welcome onboard the good ship cliosport;)

If you need any bits for it i'm the manager sutton auto factors, colwick in notts so that may some in handy!

you not at sutton anymore then?

Don't laugh. Pics as requested. It's not clean in any of them :(

New rims going on (note the old headlights and engine size badge ;)

New headlights

better pic of the badge...

The engine you all know & love

It's clean in these two actually.

coilovers fitted (haha more like all my stuff moving back home from uni for the summer)

New badge on the side. £1 from a scrapyard!

My sub. Another one (identical) going in when i get round to it. Also have a door speaker amp powering some diamond audio m661 components in the front (had to bodge my own adapters as these are 6.5" when standard ones are 5.25") and some infinity coaxials in the rear. With an alpine 9885r headunit with the direct ipod cable.

You need to become a member to see the regional meets section. Well worth joining up though.

Where in Notts are you?

Oh right might join up at some point then. Whar other benefits are there? I know that there are some guides and stuff but can't see them being much use as I dont actually have a clio.

Im in aspley but dont hold that against me haha!

Hm might consider it, just had tax (£205) and insurance renewal (£1489) come in though so im trying to find money for those first!

Where bouts you from?

ITB BG 182
Hello an welcome.
You living in aspley, wow thats really up market you posh git. Im from the arnold area (bestwood est) and its crap.
Im sure ive seen this thing about as i laughed at the lights on it, sorry but im evil.
Seems like it will be a good thing.

Bus w**ker
You need to become a member to see the regional meets section.
Lies, you need to be a member to post...or just PM a member to post for you lol.

Hi James. I'm only up the road from you, not far from Kimberley. There's a meet in Mansfield on Sunday 8th August at 5pm, details in the East Midlands section, and some people head up to the Peac**k Pub on a Thursday, these people are chavs though for example Dave88 and Addz...

John - Some of it isn't!! I'm sort of in between the posh bit and the rough bit.

Sym0n - I think I've found your blog on the web and commented on something (but you didnt reply..! :p) On the vid on your blog i think your baining it down my favourite road round here (b600? )
Cool should be able to make it down to that. Hopefully it'll be working properly by then but if not i'll come anyway i'll just wait til everyone has left so i can try starting it back up again haha!

Well the engine was already in it. but it was only 140bhp. when checking on dialogys found that the cams, inlet manifold, exhaust manifold and cylinder head were different engine wise. (and the pistons as the clios compression ration is 11:1 but mine is 10:1) the injectors were the same so i figured it wouldnt cost much to get all those parts second hand and my cylinder head needed a recon anyway.

Bus w**ker
Sym0n - I think I've found your blog on the web and commented on something (but you didnt reply..! :p) On the vid on your blog i think your baining it down my favourite road round here (b600? )
Cool should be able to make it down to that. Hopefully it'll be working properly by then but if not i'll come anyway i'll just wait til everyone has left so i can try starting it back up again haha!

LOL sorry, I've been having nowt but trouble with the f**king site and my old server provider. Just moved my server to another provider and data center so hopefully get back to updating it; if I can be arsed. Will have a look for the comment tonight and get back to you. If it's the video I'm thinking of it is indeed the B600 as it's right on my doorstep, a great road (past the res) if you can get on it when it's empty.

ITB BG 182
Get some turbo going on in there or follow the sheep and head for JMS manifolds and super chargers you'll be away in no time.
I think a stripped out scenic would be a laugh till you booted it.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
welcome onboard the good ship cliosport;)

you not at sutton anymore then?

Nope at colwick branch now :)

Lies, you need to be a member to post...or just PM a member to post for you lol.

Hi James. I'm only up the road from you, not far from Kimberley. There's a meet in Mansfield on Sunday 8th August at 5pm, details in the East Midlands section, and some people head up to the Peac**k Pub on a Thursday, these people are chavs though for example Dave88 and Addz...

swine, just because you've ditched us and don't come anymore!

DMS

A thirsty 172

You been promoted Addz?

To the OP: Welcome :)

I think its showing a comparison between your old and new exhausts? but yeh great road, a friend and i used to work at the belfry hotel when we were at college and finished at like 3am so we used to have a tootle down lol.
John i'd love a super but dont wanna throw that sort of money at this car (its cost me way way way more than i wanted to get it this far :( ) plus the suspension would need some serious development work haha.

James you should really get in touch with Mick at Diamond Motors. He'll be able to get it working right in no time and is only in Long Eaton. I have been trying to get him to put a 172 engine in his Scenic for ages and you might push him far enough to do it!

I had a quick look on the website and couldnt find where they were apart from 'the midlands'.
I emailed paul @ rs tuning a while ago and didnt get a response so I thought that he just couldnt be arsed like every other company i've contacted haha but he gave me a call today and its booked in for the 28th.
Im out of nottingham for a few days now until thursday so i may give him a ring and take it down after then so he can have a quick look at it.
Ha - I think it'd have the opposite effect, it runs like an absolute p.o.s lol.

Excellent, the guy knows his Renaults so hopefully it will be running soon :)

I think people over on renaultonline.net will be interested to hear about it too as a couple of them have the F4R 140bhp engines and we were wondering if it was possible to do what you've done.

Just posted a reply but its not here?

Yeh he definitely knows his renaults he was asking me loads of questions on the phone which is a good sign.
This is why i've had so much trouble with it lol no one (as far as i know) has done it before! I am a member on renaultforums.co.uk and they told me it definitely cant be done, but i suppose its not that kind of forum.

I'm not a massive fan of renaultforums, there's a lot of people on there who know their stuff but I don't think any of them are into modifying their cars.

I had a Scenic for 6 months a few years ago when my Dad was away in Spain and would love a quick one for playing with people at the lights.

Well the car went to Paul @ RS tuning on thursday... It now works properly! Absolute top chaps there knew exactly what they were doing. Turns out both cams were mistimed... despite my mechanic guaranteeing me 100% that they weren't. Just got to go back up for the custom map.

I'm after a ph1/v6 airbox if anyones got one ;)