ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello From Trinidad

Subaru STi & Clio 172
Hello everyone, I am totally new to your community by virtue of the forum and the brand Renault.
Trinidad & Tobago is strongly influenced by the JDM market and the norm here is JDM cars.
For years I have been competing in JDM based cars (Toyota, Mazda, Subaru), but I like to be different so when the opportunity to purchase a Renault Clio172 Sport popped up I jumped at it.
Having said this is why I am here now. I had no idea that this fantastic little car had such a strong following in Europe.
When I took delivery, well, more like tow it home, the car was not running due to electrical issues. The owner did not know how to get the bugs sorted or his mechanic.
I have since scrapped the interior of the car and removed the air condition system in its entirety.
In the quest to built a Euro car for rally duty I have procured the following parts
RC 550cc injector with billet fuel rail
AiM data logger and display system
Vipec V88 stand alone ECU
Sabelt seats and harnesses
Mud Flaps
Front and rear slotted and vented rotor disc with OMP pads
Goodrich braided brake lines
DSM 50mm suspension
Wilwood Hydraulic handbrake kit
Bosh fuel pump
Wheel stud conversion kit
Customs Cages roll cage
Flocking kit
PIAA driving light and pod
Sparco steering wheel
Some of these items are a carryover from a car we are parting out now

From the above list you will see we are far from finished, so here is the list of parts I am seeking now

ITB’s- Used preferably as I am not sure how they will work in a rally application
Oil cooler kit
Quaife LSD
Straight Cut , Dog Engagement gear set
Racing radiator and fans to match
Billet shock top mounts front and rear so camber can be obtained from the top
Stiffer engine mounts
Carbon fiber door inserts
Roof vent
Bigger rear wing
Tow hooks front and rear
Poly carbonate for rear window and sides
There are more items that I need, but right now I’m having a TMI moment.
As I remember the item(s) I will update the post.
I will also be posting some pictures of the build along the process.
Anyone who have any of these items for sale are welcomed to contact me directly, jlumhung@josarltd.com
If you wish to know a little about me please visit my webpage, www.benchmarkraceteam.com

I am really excited about this project as it offers the type of challenge I like.

Megane 225 F1
Wow sounds like you really like your cars. Liking what i hear about your car and your plans. Keep us updated and get some pics.

It's A Reno
Hi bud, welcome aboard.
Sounds like it's going to be an absolute animal!
Pics please.

Lionel Richie
i'm out in St Lucia a few times a year, keep in contact i can always fill my suitcase with parts ;)

the OMP pads aren't very good by the way, you want PF97's for the clios

Subaru STi & Clio 172
hey folks, the cage is going in this week into next week.
DMS shock on water.
but I still need a set of USED ITB's

Can anybody help out ?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Welcome. Car sounds like its going to be immense! Will you be putting up a build progress thread?