ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello & Im after some advise

Hello to everyone & I look forward to getting to know you all:D.

Ive just bought a 2002 Clio Sport (iceberg silver) & Im over the moon with its looks & performance. but 2 little issues -

1)The rear passenger footwell is wet, is this a common fault or do some rubbers need replacing.

2)I have just fitted a K&N repalcement panel filter & dont see any improvement, in fact the responce feels slower :confused:??? Does the car now need to be tuned on the rollers?

Thanks in advance & all the best

Earl172

hi there, nice to see you enjoying the car.
1. Ive heard before of people who have had damp under the rear seats due to a rubber grommet missing, this could be a factor or maybe one missing under the carpet, youll have to have a look.

2. Ive not fitted an aftermarket filter to my clio but ive heard good things about ITG filters, tbh it wouldnt be worth getting the car tuned with just a filter as the only modified part as you wont see a great deal of performance per £ i wouldnt have though, maybe once you have an exhaust and manifold to complement it then id get it done along with a chip or remap, check out http://www.k-tecracing.com/catalogue.asp?app=Clio%20172/Cup/182&category=Enginek-tec,

As i said though, i havnt modified my clio so others would be best guiding you.

fat 182

ive fitted a piper x filter and the only difrence real was a bit more induction noise !

lift you back seats and see if theres water under them theres lots places people think it comes from (window seal ,rubber gromet missing )

i get a little under the back seat when driving on very wet days not enough to cause a problem but hey welcome to the world of renault ,sqeaks ,rattles,knoking noises and leaks you get used to it ;)

daz

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

rear water leaks not commen. you will have to water test it and source the leak

you wont notice any gain on an open induction due to it drawing in hot air from the engine bay. i found the hillpower one a good comprimise. check http://www.hillpower.co.ukwww.hillpower.co.uk