ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello - My £1 MK2 PH1

London
Hello,

Entered the world of Clio after my Pug 107 blimp blew its second engine (big end went again, lack of oil, motorway useage daily).

Bought my gf's mums MK2 PH1 2000 Sport in Black for the pricely sum of £1 full english pound. Lovely little original car, great condition for its age. 63k on the clock. All original, no mods.

Just bought new Michelin shoes all round (no Nankang crap) and had its new belt done last week (I've taken it up to 70k in last 7 months and being a Sport, no brainer).

Just looking to see what I could do to it on the cheap to make it look a bit less mumsy. Wheels would be a start, but might have scuppered myself getting the 14 inch tyres on the original alloys. Are there any better 14" alloys?

London
Oh, and I have a third car which is a project/summer weekend runaround fun car...

An 89' Anthracite Classic Mini :)

London
I'll get some up. It needs a good old clean, the headlight plastic needs some wet n dry, very discoloured.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
The 3M Headlight restoration kit is the go to choice. Even a sausage fingered oaf like myself got very good results. Only about £10 all in including the sandpapers and polishes etc.

London
Just seen your profile, funny, I am up the road from you in Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire!

Thanks for the tip, will be googling the 3M kit. Might be good to use on my mini as well.

London
Gutted, went to take some photos and realised some bugger has keyed me last night. What is wrong with people? It's not like its even a posh car for gods sake! Last month someone punched me wing mirror off (luckily fixed it by compressing the spring by hand without needing a new one).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Brilliant, love a black ph1 and you can't go wrong at £1 lol.

Standard ph1 wheels are 15" by the way.

London
I thought standard wheels were 14 inch for year 2000 model, at least that's what was on them with 175/65/14.

This is the old school millennium era Clio!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm pretty sure they are 15" lol. The original f1's that come on the ph1 are 15" so you may have something else. Get some pics up.

That size on the f1's is generally 195 50 15.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
cars a 2000 model and your only got the cambelt done last week?! It should have been twice by now already!

London
It may have been done in the past, but as I had no documented proof of it I just stumped up the £300 and got it done with a new water pump. Better £300 and a few more years running confidently than 2 weeks and a new engine or sent to the scrapyard bin.

London
Yeah, people always assume it to be a newer model by name. Not many people here with the older ones!
Seems since I joined all my problems are coming at once lol, backbox is now blowing badly :(
Question is, do I Klarius it cheapo from eurocarparts - or pay a bit more for something better? Budget is tight, just want it to drive better over looks.

yeah i assumed from the way you were mentioning sport it was a renaultsport lol. the word sport on any models but the renaultsport really means nothing tbh

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Yeah, people always assume it to be a newer model by name. Not many people here with the older ones!
Seems since I joined all my problems are coming at once lol, backbox is now blowing badly 😧
Question is, do I Klarius it cheapo from eurocarparts - or pay a bit more for something better? Budget is tight, just want it to drive better over looks.
it not about thinking its a 'newer' model. I for one though you were talking about a 2000 PH1 172! i.e a RenaultSport Clio.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just seen your profile, funny, I am up the road from you in Hemel Hemstead, Hertfordshire!

Thanks for the tip, will be googling the 3M kit. Might be good to use on my mini as well.

Sorry mate just seen this! Yep not far from me at all, I'm in Hemel all the time as well.

Thinking about it I may have followed you up towards Jarmans early one morning, but I'd have been in my Black Juke Nismo.

Go and add your name to the list in the meets section, there is a topic in there for all Hertfordshire & London members.

If you ever need a hand with anything just shout.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
My 1.4 16v Sport... still out there somewhere!

RWS.jpg

It's from his girlfriend's mother, I'm guessing she just wanted to give him it and used the £1 as a token gesture.

I initially thought 172 when I first read this too, so was quite inclined to see what he had got until I read about the 14 inch wheels.

None the less, whack some pics up. I wouldn't bother spending anything making it less 'mumsy', just make sure it drives fine. Personally I'd spend the cash on your classic Mini.

London
You will hear it before you see it - the exhaust bakcbox fell off on Monday lmfao.

So now I have both the sound and fuel economy of a Subaru. Bought a cheapo standard eurocarparts Klarius replacement and will try and fit it tonight if it isn't raining. Should be amusing in the dark with no ramps and only axel stands.