ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hello to all flame 172(BIG IAINS)

flame red 172
hi,

just to introduce myself im andy 22 from kenilworth in warwickshire,my brother has been on here for years as yellow182jon having 2 liquid yellow 182's one stolen:dapprove: and other one recently sold so he kinda got me interested really, hes still waiting for right v6 to pop up

i have been running about in 1998 1.4i honda civic for 3 years,reliable but thats about it,so i took the plunge and as i believe i have 'BIG IAINs' old car being flame red 172, and the 8th owner:S

i got it for £2700 with 70k which is bit of a steal,

it has been lowered on spax suspension,has supersprint backbox and has cams apparently altho not sure which ones,very clean inside and out really

it has come with few problems though which i will run through

1.speedo works 80% of time which i have changed sensor,all solved
2.service light on and airbag flickers on now again,i belive its wires beneath my seat but not sure what to do lol
3. every now and then, say few days engine management light comes on and can only rev to 2500 revs,have to pull over and start again so will have to have look at that

so far i have added carbon splitter so cleaned up the front abit and changed the stupid 'EVENT' tyres the previuos owner put on for some eagle f1's ;)

i have just ordered simota carbon induction kit so hopefully that will be ok and in market fo some white alloys but not sure which ones

PLANS

well i do tend to be its last owner and will run it intill it dies,i will be lookin for vx220/elise in future for summers etc but will keep clio,im sure of that

first of all needs bit and bobs done to put it back to full health

then

recaros
stripped
change spax to coilovers
remap
ill be happy with above

i do love the colour but im afraid in next year or so im going to get a full resprayed in something complety different,alien green,orange etc just to be unique

sorry this is bit long but im done now:cool:

Black 172 PH2
Welcome to CS mate.
Get the niggles all sorted out as soon as you can, before they become more than a bit annoying.
Id love to see an alien green 172 ;)