ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello Twingo RS owner wanting a r27..

Twingo RS Cup
Hello first post :) Bascially i currently own a Twingo RS with cup pack, love the car but want something quicker. Iv been intouch with a dealer about a red r27 and im going to trade mine in for this..only problem im having is insurance. Im only 19 and cant seem to find any quotes under £3000ish? Has anyone got any companies to recommend etc, also what is the clio like the drive? Is it a great step up from the Twingo?

LY 200
Welcome.

Sick with the Twingo for now it sounds like a nice car.

I think the insurance is going to be sky high for a R27.

Twingo RS Cup
havent tried chrisknott yet, got a quote from Brentacre for £2400 and dont think its going to be beat tbh :(

106 GTI
In all fairness i think thats a very good price, can they offer any discount if you [ay the premium in full?

ITB'd 182...
Hay dude

Get some pics up of the Twingo!

I insured mine when i was 19 for just under £2000 iirc...

Twingo RS Cup
n839250079_7330707_4018545.jpg

6696_100025476830_512886830_2566054.jpg

p.s the wheels were a mistake and are going back to standard lol

yeah think the price is reasonable tbf, if i can get them down a tiny bit i think im guna go for it.

Hiii Guppy, fellow PoT member ;) lol

ITB'd 182...
Bonjour ;)

Shop around is my only advice

Add your rents as named drivers

Putting the voluntry XS up will lower the premium

And believe it or not a driveway is safer to park on than a garage ;) (in insurance terms)

Twingo RS Cup
iv tried most places tbh so will give Chrisknott a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for the advice guppy and Tazmania iv got 2 years no claims :)

Would keep the twingo but bored of it and since theres no performance mods out its even worse, love the handling though thats why im thinking of the r27 and not another car tbh

120d M Sport
Remember seeing this at FCS including on track, looked smart, liked the purple wheels! £2400 for an RS at 19 is going to take some beating IMO

Twingo RS Cup
Remember seeing this at FCS including on track, looked smart, liked the purple wheels! £2400 for an RS at 19 is going to take some beating IMO

thanks mate :) my mate has just ordered a 200cup and got a quote for £1800 with just 1 yrs no claims :( lol i cant get anywhere near. Thats with Bell and they wont even quote me!

Barge
Welcome along, can't say I've ever seen you kicking about the NE in you're extremely noticeable car. ;)

I'm with Direct Line, albeit, I was 22 and had 3 years NCB on my R27. As you're under 25 the compulsary excess will be £750 anyway with most companies (IIRC).

Is there crashes/convictions history? Or it could be where you live bumping up the price.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
should be ok to insure as they are a lower group than 172's,

im paying £900 21 with 1 NCB on a 172 with modds and £350 excess