ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP : 1.2 16V D4F running rough and missfirng but its intermitant

2004 1.2 dynamique
my engine started misfiring and runing rought changed the sparks coil pack injectors and engine loom
dunno what to do next

emissions light is flashing

loom was changed yesterday not had chance to clear faults on the diagnotic reader yet i will post when i have done that later

Last edited:
  clio sport
Had the same trouble with the wifes 1.2 in the end changed the coil pack three times, not before doing head gasket and cambelt while ill was at it, the previous pack was a dud
Den

2004 1.2 dynamique
its off into the garage tomorrow cleared the faults took it less than quater of a mile it started flashing emisions light and limp mode again
took it home left it on the drive for 2 hours took it to cash point erlier ot half way there in limp mode and lost even more power and the misfire became more apparent:S:mad::(

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Spark Plugs, HT Leads or Coil Pack.

This guy has nailed it. HT leads come with coil pack on the 1.2 16v engine (or atleast, mine does). I think some are detachable, but not too sure.

1.2 172 conversion
Had this problem with my 1.2 16v it was oil getting into my throttle body through the oil breather pipe on the back of the engine

2004 1.2 dynamique
got these 3 fault codes before loss of more power:

p0202 cylinder 2 injector open circuit

p0314 single cylinder misfire cylinder unspecified

p0314 single cylinder misfire cylinder unspecified

im gunna do another scan now its lost more power and post the results
the guy at our trusted garage who does the diagnostics is on holiday for a week

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
You have changed the engine wiring loom?

The 1.2 16v have problems with the throttle body itself going funny and making it run like crap.

I usually change the throttle body with the wiring loom, sometimes the ECU needs replacing aswel.

Moogun B95
You have changed the engine wiring loom?

The 1.2 16v have problems with the throttle body itself going funny and making it run like crap.

I usually change the throttle body with the wiring loom, sometimes the ECU needs replacing aswel.

..yes, this is correct, also the anti-tamper cage on the ecu rattles around and wears into the a. the left plug wiring loom rubbing away the insulation and creating a short, and b. into the die-cast of the ecu casing, eventually allowing water ingress at the top!! Beware if this is the case, if you ecu is an 5NR.C1 5NR.C2 it has a 'hybrid' side, so be really really gentle if your tempted to open it, dont push anything inside it! 5NR2.C5 are slightly different, the good news is if you have the 5NR2.C5 you can get a good ecu, open them up and swap the 95160 8 leg eprom, and its good to go. its also not a semi-hybrid ecu!

2004 1.2 dynamique
have changed the loom dunno how to check the ecu

right so far to some up what uve done so far:

1.coil
2.spark plugs
3 injectors and bar
4 engine top wiring loom (left the top half of ecu anti tamper cage off)
5 cleaned throttle body

thank you to anybody that has already posted with advice and or suggestions on what this problem could be

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
When my 1.2 was missing and running like crap I hooked up an obd-II scanner and got the exact same codes as you did. At first i changed the spark plugs then injectors then I change the whole loom and it still ran like crap, last thing I tried was the coil pack and that fixed it and has been sweet ever since.

2004 1.2 dynamique
oh there is a clicking coming from under the front right hand head light and a sucking noise coming from somewhere but my ears arnt that good so cant decide where thats coming from

any ideas

Renault Clio 1.2 TCe
clicking will be the charcoal canister for the fuel breather, dont worry about it.

As for the sucking noise if it has an air leak then that would cause running problems. spray carb cleaner around the seals and sensors on the manifold and see if a change in rpm occurs. check all vacuum pipes too.

2004 1.2 dynamique
Right car is in the garage and now I wait for the bill

Thanks to all members who posted I just hope the garage can fix it

2004 1.2 dynamique
it was valve stems it lost compression on 2 cylinders ended up replacing the engine had the clutch replaced at the same time and the bill came to £500 but it runs well now sorry its taken so long to reply