ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/advice needed please :)

Clio Sport
Hi,

I have an 04 clio sport 182 and noticed there was something hanging down below the engine. So I decided to investigate... it felt like a black plastic bag/bin liner that had become stuck somehow and so I pulled it. Only a lot more came out than I thought it would and I am now thinking its probably something that I need, I just have no idea what it is!
It is a large piece of foam that is covered by this black bag/bin liner stuff, some of it is ripped in places.
Any ideas on what this is? And whether I should be getting a new one asap?

It might be a coincidence, but since I pulled said item out of the engine it has been struggling a little to start on a morning. Is this something to do with it?

Cheers for any help, Cat.

172 cup
You're not going on about the bottom engine cover a square-ish shape bit of plastic, if so theres four bolts that hold it in place.

I cant think of anything that might be like a plastic bag. Need some pics tbh

182cup & 172 racecar
I would guess it's off the sump shield. 4 bolts take it off, pull the rest of the crap off, then put it back.

182cup & 172 racecar
That looks like the sound deadening pad that sits on the sump shield. It's only glued on, bin it.

It's the plastic shield that is held on with 4 bolts into the subframe.

Clio Sport
Cheers, the solid plastic part is still there, this came from above it so has to the pad you are talking about. Do I need to sort out getting another one?

I guess it wouldn't affect the car struggling with starting on a morning at the minute then...