ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help/Advice needed

On wednesday i took my car to a garage near me, TyreSales. I went in because my exhaust was hanging to low and scraping on the floor over speed ramps. I pulled up outside and wondered in and asked one of the guys to take a look, he asked me to drive my car onto the ramp. I told him that it was very low and it might not make it onto the ramp, he re assured me it would be fine and to drive it on.

So i pulled my car into the garage and towrds the ramp, got hafl way on and the guy was waving me forward, as the back middle/back end of the car came onto the ramp my exhaust caught and ripped totally off, bent the mid section of it so much that it was running parralel with my back box.

THe lifted it up on the ramp, and 2 of the guys proceeded to rag the living hell out of it trying to straighten it, they managed (somehow) to pull it round and re attach the centre section with the back box, but it had also pulled the exhaust from the turbo elbow and snapped the bolts in the elbow, they then qupoted me £100 to take the turbo elbow off (4 bolts) and drill out the snapped bolt and put in a new one and put the exhaust back on!! Yeah right.

Took it home, got the elbow off and easily got the snapped bolt out and replaced it, the exhaust is now on, but it is all bent (obviously not god for flow)and it does not attach together properly and it is hagnine worse than ever and held up to the car by cable ties!!

I just want some advice really on where i stand, what i can do, as i now need a new exhaust which is not going to be cheap. The one i have on there now is a stainless magnex jobby.

Cheers, Paul

Probably your best bet would be to go for a custom job, then it could sit as high as possibile and you could get the flow set up properly, your best bet would be to go for a side exit as this will help with the flow and they look wicked!! If you need any details about a custom job send me a PM and I can reccomend some places.

no he never said anything. he hung around for a bit trying to bend it back, then left it to other workers. Im really annyoed, at

1- they wanted to charge me £100 for an easy job that would take half hour max

2- it was there ramp that caused the damage in the first place

3- Its gonna cost me a few hundred to get a new exhaust now! Im well out of pocket after al this.

Take some pics of the damage and take them into them, tell them if they dont give you some sort of compensation then they will be forwarded along with a letter to citizens advice so you can begin to form a case against them.

Hard for any of us to say. Most companies do not like Trading Standards making enquiries about them. If you give them a call and explain exactly what happened, they will be able to advise you over the phone of whether you will be able to get anything out of them or not. Id say youve got a good chance, but you need to speak to someone in the know.

ill give them a call on monday, see what they say. Ill be getting a new system on tuesday or thursday, ill keep the old one as proof.

unfortunatly you were driving!

The side exit systems are under 200 so not the worse, but will need a bit of modding to fit yours, cant remember if the length after the bend is perfect.

Give their manager a call.....