ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help & advise needed Nick

Hi after getting those 17" i am experiencing a little rubbing on full lock

Will i cause any problems buy removing any of the iner arches as i can see a belt going on to a pully on the drivers side

any advise would be a help

that pulley you are on about is your cambelt so i woulnnt mess about around there. i have 17s on my 16v and mine rubbed slightly on full left lock....this can be sorted by shortening your track rod ends slightly. you will get a liitle less lock , but it wont rub anymore...it sorted mine anyway

BMW 320d Sport

Best bet is to jack up the front and take the wheels off and then youll see exactly where theyre rubbing. Ive had to leave all my sh*tguards off and angle-grind a bit of the metal out of the inner arch, but on 17s you probably wont have to be as drastic. The top sh*tguards can come out safely, with the inner one what you can do is take it out, cut it so that it just covers the belts and then mount it back into the arch again.

Remember that the wiring for the side repeaters is usually protected by the upper sh*tguard and the brake wear sensor wire is protected by the inner one so cable tie these well out of the way.

BMW 320d Sport

Youre right Lofty, the one you can see at the front of the arch is the auxiliary belt which spins the alternator although it does run off the bottom pulley on the cambelt. But the cambelt is totally covered up.

Ford Focus 1.4 LX

I should hope the cambelt is totally concealed in the engine !! If not then you would get untold amounts of dirt in the engine and then BANG.

Dave