ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help an old guy.

Persiflage

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 2
As an old guy who learned his stuff on pre electronic ignition and pre injection cars, modern engine bay baffle me, so your help is requested.

Clio 172 phase2. I've owned the car since it had 470 miles on the clock. Happy to say there have been no major issues. In recent years two injector issues diagnosed with my basic OBD reader.
Twice I've had a non starting issue, both times I've managed to get it started without any "positive" fix action.
At tick over my reader diagnostics it's showing #1 lambda sensor voltage fluctuating quite wildly along with #1 short term fuel trim (I'm assuming these are related).
Is this normal?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have the lambda's ever been replaced?

By now pretty much everyone has done the primary lambda, they only last so long.

Persiflage

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Phase 2
Lambda sensors are original. TDC sensor was replaced at about seven years due to an intermittent starting issue (would occasionally not fire on first attempt but fine on second)
Both hard fault starting issues have evetually resolved themselves without any positive fix by me .... Eventually spluttering into life with a lengthy starter operation.
A question with respect to the fluctuating readings as shown on the video.
Would the fluctuating lambda output be due to the fluctuating fuel trim or vice versa?