ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help and advice needed on a 1.4 16V Clio

Nothing for now
Hello chaps

Was on here before looking for a 172/182 but things changed and i bought another Honda. :S lol

anyway, my girlfriend is looking at a 1.4 16V Dynamique, 52 plate with 69,000 Miles on the clock.

Is there anything i should check when viewing this car? any service that it should have/should get soon? Timing belt, water pump etc? what mileage should this have been done at?

is there anything else to look out for?

apologies for the vague post but i literally know nothing about these cars so need all the help i can get haha!

Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Cam bely should be done at 5 yrs or 72k but realy 4 years and 60k is a better point to be chnaging it.

Water pump some will argue should be changed as if it leaks the cambelt etc all has to come off anyway.

Service were every 18k/2 years at that time when the car was neew.

Normal bits ie brake fluid coolent should have been changed a few times.

Not much realy to look out for so long as it goes and stopps if you have any queries about the car ask.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Pretty solid cars, had mine 3 years and only issue I've had with the lump is the pencil coils failing. Asides from that it normal clio stuff - bearings etc

Check if the sun roofs leak, sounds minor but it's a pain in the arse when you are leavin for work an the seat is wet.

Cars are capable of over 42 mpg but in the real world it's about 36. Tax is also a bit high.

Given the same choice again I'd have went for a DCI for sure.

1.2 clio/clio sport
Check the sunroof they are a common leak point, also start it up and see how it idles lots of them have a problem with that and then just all the other stuff like breaks, wheels etc also the front nearside shock they are a common problem.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Check the sunroof they are a common leak point, also start it up and see how it idles lots of them have a problem with that and then just all the other stuff like breaks, wheels etc also the front nearside shock they are a common problem.

Surprisingly mine is the best idling car i've ever had - sit's on 500 exactly and does not budge lol