ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help asap? Not starting + airbag/service light

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Hi, i'm having a few problems with my car.
9 times out of 10, it starts first time, but on the other, it'll just tick over and do nothing.
The airbag and service light comes on, but airbag goes off after about 30 seconds.
It needs sorting as soon as cause its embarrassing when it doesn't start in the petrol station.
Oil and petrol levels are fine.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers,

astra gsi/cliosport 172
not that clued up on this one mate but the first cliosport i owend did this and it ended up being the imobilser

RB FF 182
Not sure about the starting issues. May be the TDC sensor, although not sure where this would be located on the 1.2. My 172 started 9 out or 10 times but on the odd occasion would just splutter to a stall. I cleaned the sensor and it sorted it (although it's coming back now so a new one may be needed).

In terms of the airbag and service light, I've been driving around with mine on for 6 months I can't be bothered to fix it. However, it's probably down to some wiring under the driver or passenger seat. Check everything under there is connected properly. If all else fails theres a guide on here that tells you how to trick it in to thinking it's connected.

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Its not that it stays on, it turns off when the car starts.
So i don't need to fix that. But i will check the wiring. I need to take that cd changer thing out anyway. Piece of crap.

I thought maybe it'd be a fuel pump problem, cause it feels as though there isn't any fuel getting to the engine. But i don't bloody know.
Can't say i know what the TDC sensor is though. :/

RB FF 182
TDC is a good place to start. Your symptoms sound about right, it just sort of struggles and then splutters to a halt? You say the airbag light goes off, does the service light go out as well?

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
It goes off again when the car starts haha.
Grr..
From what i can gather from similar problems, it is the TDC sensor.
I'll get one ordered.
Cheers chap.

RB FF 182
Try giving the existing one a clean with electrical contact cleaner first. It'll improve it loads and may mean you dont have to order one. Good luck :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The "SERV" light is not the MIL... that just means something isn't 100% right but you can continue driving the vehicle. It does indeed sound like a faulty/failing CPS but you really should have it diagnosed to be on the safe side as they are cheap but no-one likes wasting money.