ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Battery Discharging

Clio Cup 182
Hi all,
I have recently bought a 182 cup and after a couple of weeks it has developed a fault where the battery discharges. I have replaced the battery which made no differance. I have taken out every fuse one by one in an attempt to find the faulty circit, this helped because it used to discharge in 30 mins and now it takes 3 days.
Does anyone have any experience with this type of fault or have an idea of what it could be, is there any common fault it could be?

Thanks,
Sion

SQ5
I'm fairly sure I've seen it before when an alternator reads correct but isn't charging.

If you've changed the battery then it's 99% not that.

You must have some kind of leakage somewhere of power. But if it's standard with nothing else anywhere then I'm out of ideas, sorry

Clio Cup 182
I'm fairly sure I've seen it before when an alternator reads correct but isn't charging.

If you've changed the battery then it's 99% not that.

You must have some kind of leakage somewhere of power. But if it's standard with nothing else anywhere then I'm out of ideas, sorry
Thanks anyway. If I get time I will take the alternator out and get it checked over.

Clio Cup 182
matt: 10514729 said:
Get an ammeter plumb it in see what the drain is. If its high keep pulling fuses until it drops
I have done someting similar with a voltmeter but I will get an ammeter and try it again.

Clio 182
Mine did this.
Turned out to be the alternator. When running it charged perfect but as soon as I shut engine down it sucked the life out of the battery.
Ammeter is needed or some volt meters.
There are great videos on YouTube which show you step by step instructions

Clio Cup 182
Mine did this.
Turned out to be the alternator. When running it charged perfect but as soon as I shut engine down it sucked the life out of the battery.
Ammeter is needed or some volt meters.

There are great videos on YouTube which show you step by step instructions
Thanks. I will try and pin the fault on the alternator.