ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Boot won’t shut!

Iceberg 172

Just helped the missus get the shopping out the boot of her 172 and now it wont close! It felt odd as I opened it, seemed to feel dead and needed a good push of the button!
Now it just rebounds on what feels like a stopper!

Does it have a dead lock that has jammed shut or something?
Please help as she needs it for work tomorrow!

just have a fiddle with the mechanism, the metal clamp should eventually work its way free, nothing more you can do really

Ford Fiesta

my dynamique did this, I ended up taking the trim off, still couldnt do it so took it to renault dealer who sorted it there and then.

Iceberg 172

All done!
Its the rod that goes down to the latch, the plastic lip that connects that to the button mechanism pops out of place. Its all evident if you remove the large plastic boot lid trim.
Dont do what I did and remove the latch, only having to piece it all back together again!!!

Thanks for your advice Bryan and Liam182!!!:D

Ford Fiesta

did all the clippers go back on? mine didnt had to buy some more, they are 10p each from renault.

they said they only last one pull usually.

Iceberg 172

Yeah, all pushed on well actually! I was surprised the boot latch went together so well too!

Not bad for 10pm at night! Glad Ive got the garage!