ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help buying ipod touch..

you may know it, clio?
Looking to get an ipod touch, probs over ebay etc

Just for gym and car use.

Any problems as to why i should get a 1st gen?

you may know it, clio?
yeah looking at 16gb, i had a brand new 32gb a little while back but sold it :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Why you'd buy a touch just for gym and car is beyond me tbh, they're huge, so in a gym its gonna be bulky and awkward, and in a car, if you wanted to change tracks whilst driving (not that you would as this is illegal) but surely messing with a touch screen would be bloody awkward with bumps in the road etc?

Other cheaper, smaller iPod options are the thing for you are they not?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So true, but just not practical or cost effective for his needs it seems to me! Touch is great if you get the train to work every day and want some games to play etc. too. But for gym and car, a normal ipod is cheaper and less likely to get wrecked!

Tbh i knew you'd say it was cooler, you own a lambo, its all about teh cool!

Barge
I've had no problems with my first gen, but as said, 8GB is small. I filled mine up recently then had to make touch choices as to which albums to cull. It was dark days. Other than the memory, they're cushty. Especially if you could sit in the gym on the wifi*. ;)

*If there's one in range.

you may know it, clio?
Why you'd buy a touch just for gym and car is beyond me tbh, they're huge, so in a gym its gonna be bulky and awkward, and in a car, if you wanted to change tracks whilst driving (not that you would as this is illegal) but surely messing with a touch screen would be bloody awkward with bumps in the road etc?

Well if i ever wanted to use it for movies etc and ipod controls on your head unit FTW.

Shed.
Sold my touch because it was pointless, i wanted an mp3 player not a god damm pda which was really tacky and was bigger than my hand, so i sold the thing and bought an ipod nano.