ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP Cant removed my steering wheel

16v
I have taken the center bolt off with a T50 but it still wont come off is there anything else I need to remove or any particular trick of how to to take it off??

Thanks guys

nice bang on the back of it with your palm on the bottom and sides should help,then wiggle top to bottom to,but im talking more like yank in both direcitons rather than wiggle

Yep, do like he said, be careful though as the last thing you wanna do when pulling it off is smack yourself in the face with it.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
If it is anything like a Vauxhall wheel, you should be able to knock up a puller.

32137508sr5.png

By len_beach at 2007-10-06

You will need a steel bar which sits over the end of the steering coumn. You will then need to grind the heads on 2 large'ish bolts so that they look more like a cam lobe ie. one side of the head is perfectly level with bolt shaft with the other side is offset.

On the steering wheel there should be a hole either side of the steering column. Insert the ground bolts and turn them until the heads locate inside the wheel. Mark the steel bar where the bolts touch and drill the relevant holes.

All you now need to do is wind a nut down each bolt equally until the wheel pops off.

Last edited: