ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help changing Engine mounts

I can't stand the noise of the manifold banging on my 1*2 when pulling away anything faster than dead slow in 1st, so in desperate need to change the engine mounts.
Is this just the gearbox mount that needs changing?

I don't want anything thats gonna make the car vibrate like group N mounts are supposed to do, as its my everyday car.
So what do i go for?
Where is the best place to get them?
Any links part numbers and advise on this would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

there are four mounts - have a search, as countless people have had to do them by now

i'd go for the poly dogbone and pattern/OE for the other three - GSF/ECP etc. it's only the little block at the front of the gearbox that's Renault only (unless a pattern one's now available?)

probably about £150ish for all of them, with the poly dogbone. fairly easy DiY - probably take an afternoon if you're unfamiliar

if they've never been done, it'll feel great after doing above

Cheers Henry, I have searched it just was unsure weather i need to just change the dogbone or all of them:)

Is the dogbone the gearbox mount?

Could you explain where the 4 mounts are please?

///M135i
The dogbone is the bottom engine mount that controls the horizontal movement of the engine. Use the oe metal mount and powerflex inserts. What a difference!

Dodgy one
Errm Group N bushes arent bad! When everythings cold yeah it vibrates a bit but after a few minutes its fine :S

Cheers Henry, I have searched it just was unsure weather i need to just change the dogbone or all of them:)

Is the dogbone the gearbox mount?

Could you explain where the 4 mounts are please?

i think there's a picture from the workshop manual on here somewhere, but there's the engine mount above the cambelt, the upper gearbox mount (under battery), dogbone (underneath car at back of gearbox), and this little block that's fitted at the front of the gearbox

I've done the 3 on mine today which basically is the same as the sport. Really easy and cost me £94 from ECP. The dogbone rubber had perished and come detached nearly.

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
mounts-2.jpg