ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help choosing my next clio

Hello guys,

Been away for a while now but looking to buy another clio renaultsport as my impreza sti is costing me a fortune to run and insure.

I test drove a normal 197 and clio 182 with both cups packs. Both cars were in stunning condition, both 1 owner from new cars.

Clio 182 seemed faster and was a lot more lively. Also the all important cam belts changes had been done. It had done 35k and was priced at £4500.00.

Clio 197 felt slower but did feel a lot more comfy inside and looks awesome with the flared arches. The clio 197 was £7500.00.

Both cars had full service history.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the 2 cars and if anyone has owned both which would be the better buy.

182FF
Fun or refinement? Im too young to want refinement to be honest but all depends what ur buying the car for!

182 Ly ff.
Go for the 182 as it's cheaper so you spend the extra cash on some decent mods! It's really your preference, you might prefer the shape of 1 of them or the colour?? No real answer for ya!

I am 90% certain to get the 182 as the dealer has offered me £2000 plue the clio 182 for my car. :)

I noticed from looking through the paperwork that the clio 182 has cliosport stickers in it and a cliosport membership pack is in the paperwork. It is a one owner from new, 35,000 on the clock, silver with both cup packs and was bought by the previous owner from motorpoint in burnley.