ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! Clicky Clio!

Clio 182 Cup
All in all, i'm happy with my new babe - I can even deal with the dodgy leave-me-alone-I'm-not-awake-yet performance first thing in the morning.

Only thing is recently it's started wobbling in idle (when cold, and goes away when warm, so I guess this could be normal), but more worryingly it's developed a noticable tick on the left hand side of the engine. Might be a pulley, but I've no idea which one, and it's only done 14k!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Xander

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
common matey. Happens alot on start up on colder mornings.

Can i guess that it sounds like a right bag of spanners and the gearstick rattles about a bit more than usual?

Take it too dealer to get it plugged in for a check, but dont know if that will bring any good.

Clio 182 Cup
Bag of spanners = Check (well, comparatively at least) Gearstick rattle = Not noticably Dealer booked at earliest appointment.... 15th September! 2 weeks man! Yeesh, hope it doesn't go *pop* before then... Oh yeah, hate to say it, but I found out today the wobble is still present when the car's warm, it's reduced but still there :(

Clio 182 Cup
That's what it's running on at the moment and it does go better. Still a bag o' spanners as opposed to a purring cat....with a few mechanical bits.