ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! CLIO DCI wont start

BMW 318CI SPORT, Clio DCI
As it says guys, the Clio DCI doesnt start, it used to play up once in a while and all you had to do was not do anything for about 1 minute then it would start fine, now its just not turning over, the wife was gone to Tesco and it didnt start after that. We have now had to leave it there untill the morning. I took the BM and tryed to jump start it with that thinking it might be an alternator but even that gave me no joy.
The matter is now quite serious as its stranded...
Any comments appreciated.

fabia vrs
glow plugs maybe ?? when was it last serviced ?? mileage ?? Any chance it has sucked up any water ;)

Glow plugs? Really, would that cause it to not start though? its done 130,000 on the clock, and it was serviced 3000 miles ago. It hasnt sucked up any water...

Mental 172 Cup
yep, glow plugs heat the cylinder to help ignite the fuel so bad starting especially in this cold weather will be common if they have failed!

Megane dci 130
Glow plugs wont affect starting on dci's. Sure on older stuff but common rail injection rarely needs them to start. Does the imobiliser light go off? Is there fuel in the primer bulb? Is there fuel in the car?

Basics first.

yes, there is fuel in the primer bulb and in the car. the immobiliser light does go off. Just had to get the AA to bring it home, as he was towing me I was able to rolling start it into second gear. But now it doesnt start when its from standstill. So not sure. Any tips on this? It doesnt start with the jump leads either.

I have now rolling started it with the neighbors car, took it for a good blast and now it starts every time. Im not sure if its fixed but it does temprementally not start at times. What should I do as my wife travels quite far in it for work.