ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help Cliosport guys!

MK3 1.4 Dynamique S =D
im buying a new car as i have just passed my test:rasp:
and i was wondering is there any differance between a 2005 mk3 clio dynamique and a 2008 mk3 clio dynamique?

MK3 1.4 Dynamique S =D
yeh they started making them very late 2005 my friend said there was and just wanted to double check, what do you think of this
2006 mk3 clio dynamique, black, ac, alloys etc 30,000 for 5795?

320d
Sounds like a good deal mate. What engine, 1.2 16v will be gutless in a MK3 its pretty gutless in my MK2 but will be even worse in a heavy MK3.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
1.2 mk3's are very revvy little engines, have to putsh them to get them to work.

Clio 1.2 16v
If you're going for a 2005/2006 aim for the 1.4 16v (group 4 insurance), as the 1.2 16v is pathetic.
Am I right in saying the 2008 1.2 is the 1.2 TCE?
Renault don't even use the 1.4 lump anymore do they?

Golf GTI PP Mk7
the 1.2 turbo is supposed to be awful.

1.4 16v would be the way to go, might be pricey to insure as a first car tho.

Clio 1.2 16v
the 1.2 turbo is supposed to be awful.

1.4 16v would be the way to go, might be pricey to insure as a first car tho.

Don't think it's too bad to insure. I've had 'mock' quotes done on it (i'm 17 and in the process of saving up/buying) and most come in under £2k, so a more detailed/ over-the-phone jobby would probably bring some lower prices.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
yeah u might find a good deal.

2k to insure a 1.4 16v is expensive in my book tho, lol.

my first car was a mk2 ph1 1.4 8V sport and cost me £1200 to insure.

Clio 1.2 Panache
LOOOOL iv got a 1997 1.2 clio panache n its costing me 215 a month which is like 2400 a year i think :( not gud!

320d
sure it will be gutless(like most 1st cars), but great choice of 1st car!

Good point mate just that i know that out of town my car has to be worked hard to make progress, joining dual carraigeways/motorways etc

With the MK3 being a fair bit heavier it was just a bit of advice that a slightly bigger engine would make everyday progress a bit easier.

My 1.2 is actually alright when you thrash it but you don't want to have to be hitting 6K rpm all the time for the sake of the engine and all the petrol it uses, its fun when you do tho :)

PH-Lamer 1.4 16v
LOOOOL iv got a 1997 1.2 clio panache n its costing me 215 a month which is like 2400 a year i think :( not gud!

they saw you coming!! my first car was a saxo 1.4 which was 1900 for a year when i passed my test but i got my 53 plate clio 1.4 16v virtually 1 month after and that was abooot 1700 iirc with business use and 8000 annual mileage

350Z GT
Try Endsleigh for insurance. Managed to get mine down from about £2200 online quote to £1800 after saying someone else had quoted me £1900!! That was on my 1st car which was group 13 insurance. Moved down to a Megane Coupe 1.6 now which is about £1400 to insure - still 17 and 1st year of driving :)

Scirocco GT 2.0
Try Endsleigh for insurance. Managed to get mine down from about £2200 online quote to £1800 after saying someone else had quoted me £1900!! That was on my 1st car which was group 13 insurance. Moved down to a Megane Coupe 1.6 now which is about £1400 to insure - still 17 and 1st year of driving :)

:eek: just gave them a try. they quoted me £1900 for my car full comp.

I'm only paying £726 for the same, if not better cover (as it includes legal, personal injury and courtesy car etc and they cover me to drive any other car with the owners permission) with swiftcover.

Best thing to do is wack your details on moneysupermarket.com and see whats on offer (thats how I found swiftcover was the cheapest for me, despite doing individual quotes on other sites)

320d

Bloody hell on a mk1 1.2. Take it your 17.

Mind you my mates paying £2000 tpft on a 1.4 8v 206 worth £1600 as a NAMED DRIVER. Jesus £2000 for fronting, rather not.

Scirocco GT 2.0
:eek: just gave them a try. they quoted me £1900 for my car full comp.

I'm only paying £726 for the same, if not better cover (as it includes legal, personal injury and courtesy car etc and they cover me to drive any other car with the owners permission) with swiftcover.

Best thing to do is wack your details on moneysupermarket.com and see whats on offer (thats how I found swiftcover was the cheapest for me, despite doing individual quotes on other sites)

Forgot to mention that I added my mum as a named driver which brought it down about £150 iirc