ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP dampers for 182

'07 Impreza, 182 sold now
hey all

hmm... rear damper burst again cant be bother with renault, what other options do i have? koni adjustables are 172 only arent they?

Forget Koni IMo.

Any Clio rear dampers (v6 and MK1 excepted) will fit. I'd only ever use Renault ones though.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I like koni, but don't think they make them for cuppacked 182's.

gone through 2 sets of stock dampers since having the car tho, i wanted something better if possible. dampers should last more than a year shouldnt they? :dapprove:

wanted to upgrade to eibach sportline springs and OE dampers it seems cant even handle cup springs

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
rears are the same (172/182), front not. I would keep them stock, unless changing for aftermarkets all round

err..... i was gna change them all.. only to change only the rears would be stupid would it not?

does any one know what dampers other than stock i could use on a cup-packed 182???

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Ye. Thats what i was getting at (get allsorts on here lol)

Not sure anyone make any for cuppacked 182's?

err..... i was gna change them all.. only to change only the rears would be stupid would it not?

does any one know what dampers other than stock i could use on a cup-packed 182???

Coilovers are you only realy option H and R are the stuff I'd recomend £750 though.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
gaz when you gonna change your avatar. youve gone up in the world now lol;)

tiTTy & SV650
koni are developing shocks for the 182 at the mo, have been since I first contacted the product manager a few months ago.

I emailed him for an update recently but to no avail, will try again.

Koni shocks and Eibach Sportlines are what I fancy

koni are developing shocks for the 182 at the mo, have been since I first contacted the product manager a few months ago.

thats what i wanted....

why does everyone spec the current ones for 172/non-cup 182 only??

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
182 cups and cup packed 182's have larger 60mm hub both spacing

thats what i wanted....

why does everyone spec the current ones for 172/non-cup 182 only??

Black clio I have a non cup 182 and the 172 koni shocks do not fit my 182. I, like rory are waiting for the koni's for the 182, keep at em Rory!!! lol

Subaru STiV
I've had the yellow painted konis on my 182 for 2 months, got them from demontweeks, excellent dampers, after 2 sets of renault shocks spilt there fluid everywhere I have had enough them :mad:

Subaru STiV
The arse end doesnt wallow as much (read fast) they feel more in control of the rise and fall of the car, and i have them on the softest setting, so they are firmer than stock already, and touch wood, upto now, the oil remains inside the shock :approve: I paid around £200 for them.

Andy