ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help dead clio

Renault clio
Hi guys and girls,

Got a renault clio mk2 1.4 petrol 5 door.

Was working 100% fine and than I tried to start on saturday and no go!

So tried putting petrol in incase my fuel gauge had gone AWOL (still nothing).

Tested fuel pump under rear seat getting no voltage or a very intermittent connection so I blew a tonne of wd40 and boom engine got some life but no petrol coming through.

Has anyone had the same problem or any idea I'm thinking either relays or fuel pump but need car running asap.

tyia
Alex

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Sorry just read the above again. Missed the bit about fuel pump. Got to be something stopping that coming on. Wiggle the relays. They have the white plug in fuse box too.

Last edited:
  Renault clio
Sorry just read the above again. Missed the bit about fuel pump. Got to be something stopping that coming on. Wiggle the relays. They have the white plug in fuse box too.
Where is this fuse box I've found the one in the passenger door shut and the relay box in engine bay but checked Haynes manual and the left and far right black relay are the dual pump relays so hopefully changing them tomorrow

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Where is this fuse box I've found the one in the passenger door shut and the relay box in engine bay but checked Haynes manual and the left and far right black relay are the dual pump relays so hopefully changing them tomorrow

It's the fuse box on the right as you look in the engine bay. All the fuses and relays can be pulled out to be cleaned up. Underneath it all is the big white plug, which gets all furred up.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Just pull the battery off and use a bit of old cable to hot wire the pump, make sure you disconnect the line at the rail to see if it squirts out.

If it works then you'll have an issue elsewhere with wiring or a fuse