ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help. Diagnose my fault.

Hello,
Right my car is having a intermittent problem that when sometimes I pull up too a stop the car will cut out on its own and the squiggly orange electrical fault light comes on, can wont start but turns over but if I give it some gas it will eventually start.
Also my idle isn't normal either, it used too idle at around 800 but now it wont go lower than 1100 and wont stick at that either it seems too bounce from 1100 too 2000 rpm. Sometimes it will idle at 3500 at traffic lights too.
Last thing is when I let of the gas and let the car roll to a stop in gear it will sit at 1200rpm and drive itself.

So far too sort the problem out I have checked all the connections I can see and all looked fine and in good condition, also took the throttle body off and gave it a good clean but non of this has fixed it.
Im thinking it could be the actually throttle body is at fault and needs a replacement.

Anyone got and idea's or similar problems them selves?

thanks in advance!
Josh.
:(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
When you blip the throttle does the idle sort itself out? Say at the 3.5k mark, tap the accelerator and it returns to normal, or does it still play up?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Idle air control valve is a posibility?

Ignore that, was thinking of my old phase 1. The cup doesnt have one

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It is a joke mate. Did you clean the throttle body well? Not being funny btw. Much dirt etc?

wasnt too dirty but I gave it a good going over with wd40 looked brand new, going too try my friends throttle body on my car tomorrow too see if thats the fault :p of not get it plugged into a snap off reader and see what faults it has

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was going to suggest swapping it over. If you need any parts let me know, I get trade discount at all the local motor factors.

Update:
If anyone is bothered I think its the throttle body, tried my friends one on today and it seemed too run well, but as its a intermittent fault who knows!