ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help - do i need an oil change?

last oil change was with silkolene pro s 5w 40 1200 miles ago, i usually do an oil change every 4000 miles..

however tonight i lent my car to my cousin as he needed it as an emergency, and my mate who went with him, said the 10 mile he did (odometer proven) on my high mileage car were all bouncing off the limiter from cold to his destination!

even when he came back, i saw him floor it and heard him coz of the dam loud decat bouncing off limiter again, parked up, car seeemed louder at stationary, n when we switched it off the fan kept running for ages!

i dont know if its me being paranoid after having the car offroad and only getting it back on but i never drive like that, lol, never hit the limiter before, has he damaged my engine the tw*t and should i do an oil change?

if so, what fully synthetic oil can i get hold of tomorrow morning from halfords or motorword? obviously not silkolene pro s can only get that from opie oils. whats second best?

thanks

Titanium 182
TBPH just punch the fucker.

Just buy some oil from a petrol station ?

castrol or something. But for the love of all that is holy please dont put it in your boot and especially dont put it in your boot and try to stop it moving by wedging it against a car battery :(

ITB'd MK1
good thrash probably did it good if it never gets it TBH. just check levels are all ok, top up as required and carry on. 10 miles of thrashing is nothing

lol it gets the thrashing daily but always to 1000 before the limiter!

just not bouncing off the limiter, plus neva smelt that much petrol outta the exhaust for ages

Titanium 182
for revenge get him to take you home from a night out then force yourself to throw up in the back of his car :D he will sell it 100%

ITB'd MK1
Really wouldn't worry. 4k is WAY to often to change Pro-S anyway. Oil anaylsis on a 300bhp 200sx running Pro-S showed it hadn't degraded at all after nearly 12k, and that's with several track days done too