ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP Engine Noise just started

Monaco Clio 172
Just bin out and could hear this feint noise. Got home under the bonnet ant there is a tapping noise right across the cams. Here is a quick vid off my phone
th_MOV00369.jpg

M
y phone does make it sound louder than it is and seems to be louder towards the exhaust cam

Last edited:
  Monaco Clio 172
yeah runs sweet. its not as loud as my phone makes out. only did my cambelt bout 5k ago and now sold my locking tools on here

Nothing at the mo :(
no just fix the pulley

We get these posts all the time, good majority of the ppl on CS know there s**t.. Wait til fred see's it.. He can identify a broken car from just licking it

Monaco Clio 172
i know, when i did my cambelt the camshaft slots were fubard so i went to his unit and he sold me some.

2002 Clio 172 Cup
Ideally you will need to put a new belt on atleast! I'm sure one of the traders will confirm whether or not you need to change everything again.

Its definitely the dephaser mate

HBT 172 Cup
If it was my car and i knew the tensioners and idlers had been replaced recently, i would replace the belt only.

coxy take it to TCR (http://www.totalcontrolracing.com/)in wednesbury not far from you.yes you may get away with just a belt but for the cost i would just do the belt and tensioners again, lee and kenny are very good price wise and no need to worry they know their stuff!! me and a few other members use them all the time.

Monaco Clio 172
is it renault only for dephaser or is there sum1 on here that can get it me and the timing tools cheaper??

Monaco Clio 172
ive just had another look now its light and there is defo no noise coming from the dephaser. Its coming from under the cam cover directy under the coilpack.
I dont want to change the dephaser to find i still got this problem

Monaco Clio 172
just got back from tcr and they say its defo not the dephaser. they suggested my oil is too thin. got to give it a flush use a thicker oil and genuine filter