ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help fitting Bad Girl Spoiler.......

It just arrived and the instructions are in French and there are no useful pictures! Has anyone fitted one and could they give me the run down on what they did as the parts supplied to fit it do not look up to the task.

Cheers Marcus

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Marcus, if you have the time you could type the instructions into google (go to the Language Tools) or try Babel on AltaVista.

I will have a go at that in a minute cheers did not think of that!

If I am still stuck I will scan them and e-mail them to you Nick.

Cheers Marcus

Mate,

Im after the bad girl spoiler but cant find a company that sells it. Found one but they didnt speak english so i hung up.

Can you post the details of the company.

Cheers

Kev

Ive just got mine it in the sprayshop at the moment. Did anyone get anywhere it fitting theres??? Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Jon

16v Clio

I gave up with the argument. They just dont wanna know even though trading standards are involved.

It has sagged so much it looks terrible (spoiler too) that it will have to be replaced

Kev

Fitting this spoiler is easier than you think,

First get it sprayed,

Then offer the drivers side part up to your car and try to mark where the cable for the brake lights going to go into the car,

Forget about the 4x metal threaded studs that youre supposed to use (just makes the job harder, I should know).

Push the cable through the blade of the spoiler and carefully place this on the roof of the car, then slide the cable through the hole in the side fin, place this part on the roof aswell,

Now the hard part, push the cable through the hole you shouldve drilled near the top right corner of your hatch.

Now for the messy bit, the bodykit glue that you shouldve got with the spoiler needs to be applied to one of the side fins, dont get it everywhere cos its a t**t to get off when its dried. When youre happy that that bit looks ok youll need someone to hold it, so it doesnt move.

Then youll have to get the other side fin glued up. The blade will have to be offered to the car for this next bit.

With your freind holding one end of the blade, you slot it into the fin that youve got.

Then carefully offer it to the car, and when youre happy with where you fin is going to sit carefully apply it to the car.

Now you have to hold both sides together for a while ( until the glue sets ).

I held mine together for about an hour, just to make sure.

NOTE:

Do not try to adjust the angle of the blade, or beasting around for a couple of days (just to let the glue really set hard).

P.S.

Dont forget to connect the wires for your brake light.

Now your car will look almost as good as mine. :D

NickG recommended that glueing it is the best method as well, and after reading the replies definetely seems the way to go, will get it sprayed up off the car and then whack it on!!

Cheers Marcus