ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
After having some issues with my spoiler which have now been fixed there are a few things I had happened that others might find useful.

If you are looking at putting a 172 cup spoiler on your 1.2 mk2 first make sure your connectors for the light itself are the same, check this by undoing the bolts that hold the current spoiler on which are just easy torx screws to take off the stock spoiler, beware the plastic clips which hold it in will most likely be brittle from age (mine snapped).

If you are looking to do it yourself I also found that even with the clips it wouldn't quite line up right and ended up being panel bonded on to fit properly and then screwed in. Also we found the new light itself the wires were a different way around so while the stock light would work the new wouldn't. This required the connector itself to have the wires swapped round to allow it to work correctly when the brake pedal is pressed.

Other than this it should fit right on and looks a treat when fitted. ( before and after below)

Attachments

• 20221013_101539.jpg
    20221013_101539.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 80
  • 20221013_110150.jpg
    20221013_110150.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
  2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice write up and will help people no end. Certainly looks the part. You need to get a project thread up as it seems you’re doing some nice bits! Car looks good

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Nice write up and will help people no end. Certainly looks the part. You need to get a project thread up as it seems you’re doing some nice bits! Car looks good
Thanks mate, it's my first car so just trying to spice it up a bit without killing the bank 👍

'06 1.2 Campus Sport
Crazy how much difference changing the spoiler makes! Looks great, love the colour too. Tempted to try and find one the right colour for mine now, big thanks for the write up too, would no doubt have stumped me :ROFLMAO: I'm assuming from the reg plate placement ours are similar in year and spec but just wanted to ask what model exactly yours is in case there's any possible discrepancies across models? (My mum had a 56 campus and I have an 06 campus sport but there are tiny differences like reg plate placement etc., so not sure if there would be other differences too) :)

1.2 16v Clio Mk2 2dr
Crazy how much difference changing the spoiler makes! Looks great, love the colour too. Tempted to try and find one the right colour for mine now, big thanks for the write up too, would no doubt have stumped me :ROFLMAO: I'm assuming from the reg plate placement ours are similar in year and spec but just wanted to ask what model exactly yours is in case there's any possible discrepancies across models? (My mum had a 56 campus and I have an 06 campus sport but there are tiny differences like reg plate placement etc., so not sure if there would be other differences too) :)
Glad i could help , mine is a 2001 dynamique . As far as i can remember i think some of the only differences would be the bumpers in some cases but for the most part they are the same and bumpers can be easily changed. The cup spoiler is 100% worth it just very hard to find in decent condition with the brake light working.