ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Front right wheel wont come off...

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Hi there,

Ive got a V-reg clio and was trying to take my wheels off for new ones, however my front right side wheel wont come off, ive taken the bolts off, put WD40 in the middle, gave it a few whacks and kicks but it still wont come off the axle.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Put the nuts back in a few turns (enough so the wheel wont come off, but enough for the wheel to stay on) then get in, start driving, wa-la, wheel off.

Dont drive anywhere fast/far, just backwards and forwards, the weight of the car will force it off.

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Cheers guys, ive kicked it on both sides as hard as i can, ive used a rubber mallet and still nothing, so this time ill loosing the screws and drive then see what happens.

RS6 C7
I resorted to a sledge hammer on an old ford ranger pick up, still couldnt get it off, I found if you loosen the bolts and lower the car onto the wheel is sometime loosens off the hub.

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Hey guys right i tried that thing about loosening the bolts and putting the car on the ground then going backwards and forwards. Still nothing. The hub looks like its bigger than the actual rim thing so i think its either expanded? or rust has made it expand? All other wheels come off brilliantly except this one. Thinking about taking it to a garage and saying i think ive got a flat can u check, get them to take it off and it will be free because i dont have a flat :D