ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!! Front right wheel wont come off...

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Hi there,

Ive got a V-reg clio and was trying to take my wheels off for new ones, however my front right side wheel wont come off, ive taken the bolts off, put WD40 in the middle, gave it a few whacks and kicks but it still wont come off the axle.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
probably just corroded on, loosen the wheels bolts off a bit and take it for a very slow drive around some corners. Should free it up a bit without killing you lol

172 Cup
Have you sprayed wd40 behind the wheel on the hub. When this happened to a mates Megane I did that and sat on the ground and wiggled it and it came off.

G

Gregor11

Get a rubber mallet and hit it hard!! Move the wheel qtr turn, hit it hard again, and ate turn again, hit it hard! Repeat this process till it comes off!!

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg
Guys, ive used WD40 still nothing, ive dropped it on the ground and drove forwards and backwards, still nothing, ive kicked the s**t out of hi, still nothing, ive used a proper hammer to try use the vibrations to take it off, still nothing? Ive done almost everthing, it looks like the hub has expanded like it too big for the wheel? mI dont know what else to do????

Might take it to a garage and say i think ive got a flat can you check, they will take it off and find theres no flat and probs wont charge?

"Navy" N17 TWO
Just take it round and ask them can they get it off and stick it back on - check your other wheels too though incase they are the same!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Girl, needs serious rubber mallet action from behind, if your not worried about the steel wheel wack that, if you are, hit the tyre.

A.N. Other
So you've lowered the car slightly, onto the wheel with the bolts removed, enough for it to take the weight but still supported on the jack? That's always freed them up for me in the past.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Get the missus to hold it and kick the f**k out of it - I had to do all four the first time I got the clio as it was still on its original tyres - I don't think the wheels had ever been removed!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hit it hard on alternate sides 12 o'clock then 6 o'clock it will come off use some copper grease on spigot ring when refitting won't happen next time

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think I have sussed this.

Tie a rope through the holes on the wheels (3 0 clock and 9 o clock) and tie it to the back of a car.

Drive off flat out.

Go into the field over the road and find your wheel.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Tie a rope through the holes on the wheels (3 0 clock and 9 o clock) and tie it to the back of a car.

Drive off flat out.

PMSL quality !

Clio 1.4 RT V-reg

Drive off flat out.

Cheers pal it worked wooooo :) haha :D only joking took it to a garage and they removed it for me free of charge! (took them a good 10minutes trying though! Oh and...

aucky , you are quite a funny guy :) good sense of humour "skeleton" and other things you said on other posts, TOP BLOKE! Age? Maybe still a kid with that sense of humour.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had a problem getting one of my 2118s off the other day, I gave it a squirt of WD40 and gave it a good pull, it finally released itself sending me flying over on my arse :eek:

Black 172
I think I'd sooner have grinded it off than walk into a garage, as a man, and ask them to remove a wheel for me ;)
I bet the garage just brute forced it off?