ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! Hazards won't turn off

3 MPS, MX5
I was called out last night by my Step daughter as her Clio (52 plate) started to not indicate right but instead indicate left when trying to indicate right.
She tried her hazards and all the indicaters worked but now the hazards won't turn off, unless you take the fuse out but then she's got no indicaters at all.

Any suggestions?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Hazards not turning off is likely to be the switch itself its quite a common fault, but as for the indicators only going left instead of right, im not too sure that again could be the stalk switch?!

take the fuse out and use arm signals lol

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
this happened to my mates clio its a ault with the hazzard switch. not sure about the indicating though

3 MPS, MX5
I managed to get the indicaters to work on both sides when holding the hazard switch in by taking all the fuses out so must have reset something, but the hazards still won't switch off.

I've called the local Renault dealer and they're not aware of any problems, which I suppose they would say that in order to get the car booked in.

I'll try and take the hazard switch out later when I get home from work, is it easy to do?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
yeah relatively easy, you gave to take the whole strip off with the heated rear screen and locking button too, prise carefully from either end and should just unclip.

2015 Clio 220 Trophy
hi there,
hazard switches are a common fault on the clios also the indicator fault which you describe will probably be the uch which is a control box which is under the dash at the passenger side that controls a lot of the cars electrics and immobiliser
regards chris

3 MPS, MX5
hi there,
hazard switches are a common fault on the clios also the indicator fault which you describe will probably be the uch which is a control box which is under the dash at the passenger side that controls a lot of the cars electrics and immobiliser
regards chris

Whats the uch? is it like the old fashioned flasher relays that cars used to have, big black square blocks?
is it something thats easy to get to and change?

Cheers

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
The uch controlls some electrics in the car such as the immobilser. Quite expensive if you need a new one.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Had same problem on my old 1.2 clio. They had to replace some sort of unit. It was under warranty though so dont know the cost