ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP! - Headlight Failure.

Hi all.

Im after a bit of urgent help. I was driving along tonight when all of a sudden my headlights went off. I had them on automatic. So I tried to switch them on manually, but nothing.

Managed to pull over to the side with my hazards on. Not good on an unlit road.

Ive switched off the auto headlights and thats made no difference. Ive also changed the fuses. No change though. The sidelights are working, as is the full beam and fog lights. Just no dipped headlights!!

I made my way home on sidelights and front fogs. I was thinking it might be the bulbs gone. But seems strange that both go at once while they were already on.

Any ideas, its only four months old, so itll be back at renault tomorrow, unless I can get it sorted.

Any help appreciated.

declio.

Da

Less

dodgy headlight relay by sounds of it?? but as you say check the bulbs first mate.

Check the passenger side floor area to so if it is or has been wet, mine was but only realised after it killed the UCH (ECU type thing).

A leak on the bulkhead area went straight into the UCH stopping the wipers and causing the windows to open and close at random. All the relays around that area where also soaked Im guessing there the lights?

No sign of dampness inside the car, and Ive checked the bulbs and they are OK.

About an hour before I had used the jetwash to wash the salt marks off. Would this have anything to do with it? I cant see any water or condensation inside the headlight unit.

Cheers guys.