ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!! in need of a body shop

Help

Some T055ER has just hit my motor and damaged the rear offside wheel arch.:mad:

Any1 know of a good bodyshop in the midlands area. I know of a few in Notts but i wouldnt take it to them as i want the job sorting right, not fillered and painted over.

Want to get it sorted out fast aswell

Paul

Let me know how good this place is cos i need my wheel arch tidying up from scrubbage and i wouldnt trust places like prima with my car.

Ta

Jamie

Ford Fiesta

quote, "Let me know how good this place is cos i need my wheel arch tidying up from scrubbage and i wouldnt trust places like prima with my car."

what do you mean by scrubbage wallisj?

Well, since i had the 17"s and 35mm lower, i get a little scrubbage when loaded or on nasty potholey roads....on one occasion i got a little bit overzealous and it totally bottomed out the suspension and for some reason it bent the inner lip of the drivers side wheel arch at the front...cant see anything from outside but it made a little bit of a mess, so it needs tidying and cleaning/painting.

I have got Nick Hill to backorder me some 25mm springs and some bilstein shocks for the rear to prevent the soft standard shock from causing the rear spring to compress too much....other than that...fine and dandy

So nothing too serious, just cos i got 17"s with a nasty rim protector edge on the tyre too....

Ta

Jamie

Jamie, if the shock is firm enough to stop the spring compressing, then it is not working correctly. The spring takes the load, not the shock.. might be worth checking that back with Nick. Ask for a progressive spring instead.

Joe.

Jamie

Out of all the body shops I went to Yesterday I would say that John Rann in Arnold, Notts was the best. I havent sorted it yet as I need to go through his insurance.

Will let you know where i end up getting it done and how good it was.

Paul

Joe/Captn

I would agree that you wouldnt want the shock to stop the spring compressing, but due to the 35mm lowering spring (which is progressive), the AVO which i have is much lower than the eibach, so i am just going to get some slightly longer springs plus just get some good shocks....nick did all the work on the car and understands the issue and made the suggestion of different springs and shocks.

Ta

Jamie