ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!!! INLET MANIFOLD ISSUE!!!

182,golf vr6,206gti
IVE JUST SWAPPED INLET MANIFOLDS ON MY CLIO 172 (COSMETIC REASONS) AND WHEN I FITTED THE NEW ONE AND STARTED THE CAR UP IT JUST REVVED AND CARRIED ON REVVING???ANY IDEAS???

Clio 172
Air is getting in to the engine through somewhere other than the throttle body. As ^ said, check the brake vacuum take off, also make sure all the bolts are tightened down properly, did you use a new gasket?

182,golf vr6,206gti
thanks for the help guys, ive solved the problem....sort of i had to put my old manifold back on and everythings fine now. the new manifold on closer inspection has 2 nipples near the throttle body (directly behind the sport badge as you look at manifold) wheras mine only has 1! any idea on why?have they sent me wrong manifold maybe one off of a 182 or something

Clio 172
You will need to blank off one nipple and all will be fine. 172 manifold differs slightly to the 182, you probably had a bolt you couldn't get in too?

182,golf vr6,206gti
yes there was a spare bolt on the top left at the back, it didnt seem to affect how secure the manifold was it seemed on very tight. which nipple do i blank off of the two there is one on the right and one on the left? my feeling is blank off the left one (as you look at engine)