ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help make my mind up

clio 172 Phase 1
You know how it is just bought a new car then see another thats always better

Well heres the story just bought a mk1 2001 45000 miles blue 172 £5000, dont get me wrong love the car nice condition inside and out goes like stink full fsh but now heres my dilema

Do i spend £1000 or so on some parts E.G exhaust, wheels , filter, etc or do i sell it and get a 2002-3 172 mk2 facelift with the extras like cruise auto lights etc for around £6500 ...

We all do this dont we buy a car then think what if ???

RS-1, Bebop, CTR
if you want performance, keep the mk1

if you want comfort&toys, go for the mk2

although, if you are after the comfort and gadgets, why pick a sports clio in the first place...

sell mk1 but mk2 personally prefer the looks and interior of the mk2, plus the toys are an added bonus

Yamaha R6
Agreed with Bryan.. I'de rather have the mk2..

Try your hand at making a profit off the first one.. ;)

clio 172 Phase 1
172 Dave said:
Keep the Mk1 but it was pricey!

mm did a lot of reserach i thought the 172 mk1's where supposed to go for £5500-6000 thought i had a bargin is that not the case then ?

clio 172 Phase 1
Loopz said:

although, if you are after the comfort and gadgets, why pick a sports clio in the first place...

is the mk2 not as quick then ?

clio 172 Phase 1
Loopz said:

dont really want comfort and gadgets .. was just thinking mod the car i have or get a newer car for the price of the mods ...when i first got the clio wasn't really thinking about performance etc just thought it was a good car ...but now i have got the bug ....and i am trying to decide do this up or upgrade to a newer model thats all ?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Talon said:
mm did a lot of reserach i thought the 172 mk1's where supposed to go for £5500-6000 thought i had a bargin is that not the case then ?

How can that be a bargain????????????????????? Sutters 53 plate 1 owner 9000 miler £7200 now thats a bargain..............

You won't get a 53 low miler for 6.5K anyway, add another 1K at least.

clio 172 Phase 1
g40steve said:
How can that be a bargain????????????????????? Sutters 53 plate 1 owner 9000 miler £7200 now thats a bargain..............

You won't get a 53 low miler for 6.5K anyway, add another 1K at least.

ok so your saying i paid too much for a 2001 45000... then ?

so what about my origanal question mod it or upgrade to a mk2 ?

Golf R/Leon FR
keep the mk1 dude, faster and looks better IMO, £5k with 45k on the clock isnt a bad price at all. I paid £5200 for mine in april with £40k on the clock.