ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP ME! DCI80 KNOCKING

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
I hope someone can help me with this or shed a little light on whats wrong.
The story so far... I can hear and feel knocking at low speed on rough or normal road conditions I can feel it through the pedals and steering wheel. It's not bad enough to stop driving the car but still it's knocking all the same. I've just had new discs and pads and new anti roll bushes fitted, the dogbone mount has been checked and appears to be ok the engine mount seems to be a little soft but I think this is the norm. Hope someone can help I'm pulling my hair out!

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
Someone said that Renault do a stronger engine mount I called them today and they say they no nothing about an 'uprated mount' :mad:

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
Someone said that Renault do a stronger engine mount I called them today and they say they no nothing about an 'uprated mount' :mad:

ask for the 172 version.

or get one from k tec

think the 1.4 version was about £9, the 172 was about £30.
dont quote me though!

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
I'll look into a 172 mount, I just don't understand how if the engine mount is too soft or has failed that it would make the knocking noise it's making... I'm starting to sulk! :S

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
check
a) your wheel are tight (dont laugh)
b) that your discs are ok (no lips and that the wear is even on the pads)
c) if there is any 'play' in your wheel, do this by jacking the car up and try wobbling the wheel (with your hands top and bottom.) if there is any its a bearing.

if the dogbone had gone you would feel a great deal of movement through the gearstick as you accelerated.

CLIO DCI DYNAMIQUE+
It does move a fair bit under acceleration 1/2inch or so yet the mechanic recons it's fine... I've read in other threads that the movement is a common thing :S I've just spotted another thread explaining about a worn mounting under the battery tray I wonder if this could be the problem??? oh as for play in the wheels only a tiny tiny bit of play is present in both sides could be the drive shaft it doesn't feel bad at all.